Author Topic: Chute Brush  (Read 2974 times)

BozemanEric

Chute Brush
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:11:35 PM »
What are you using to clean the grinds out of you grind chute in your espresso grinder?  I have been using different brushes but have yet to find one I really like.

milowebailey

Re: Chute Brush
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:29:13 PM »
I don't use a brush..... :O)

I use this

Oh, wait, I think I misread your question.... I use a small natural bristle paintbrush

Tex

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:30:01 PM »
Being an adherent of the K.I.S.S. Principle, I buy 1/2" natural bristle paint brushes at Ace Hardware for ~$1 each.

Offline fore

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:57:17 PM »
Being an adherent of the K.I.S.S. Principle, I buy 1/2" natural bristle paint brushes at Ace Hardware for ~$1 each.

+1

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »

Now that sounds too simple.

Surely there must be an automated process  to clean the inside. Maybe a micro vacuum cleaner.

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

kaotep

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 09:33:37 PM »
I have both, a 1/2" brush from ace and a paintbrush. Before it used to be the brush tip of my old lenspen :D

Tex

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 09:58:01 PM »

Surely there must be an automated process  to clean the inside. Maybe a micro vacuum cleaner.

;D

You know me too well Mikey. ;D

Offline bekeld

• Standard User
  • Espresso: QuickMill Roaster: Behmor, HGDB
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 10:18:55 PM »
I use the butt end of a flat bamboo skewer. Like it better than the brushes I tried.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 06:08:34 AM »
I use a standard grinder brush that's sold at a lot of department stores. The bristles have been perfectly trimmed to the length of my chute by the burrs.

BozemanEric

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 06:11:18 AM »

Funny as I have a Micro Shop Vac under the coffee counter. I am looking for something where I can still use the ground though. I will check into the 1 inch painting brushes. Thank you for the suggestions.

SJM

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 08:03:54 AM »
I use the toothbrush that the dental hygienist hands out after she cleans my teeth. 
Since I use a Sonicare to brush my teeth I don't need the manual, and it works perfectly....

And the price is right :-)))

Susan

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
I guess the next question along with which brush, is how do you use it; after the grinding is done and the grinder is off, pulsing the grinder on and off and then brushing, or with a non-bristled tool while the grinder is still on?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

SJM

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »
I guess the next question along with which brush, is how do you use it; after the grinding is done and the grinder is off, pulsing the grinder on and off and then brushing, or with a non-bristled tool while the grinder is still on?

Definitely off for me.  I hate the sound and feel and thought of my brush tangling with the burrs while they are still spinning even a little bit....

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 09:33:50 AM »

;D

You know me too well Mikey. ;D

Now that is what I was expecting from you.

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline expy98

• Standard User
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 10:43:03 AM »
way back when I had a motorized grinder, can brush the top of the burrs as well as the chute

http://www.harborfreight.com/36-piece-1-2-half-inch-horsehair-bristle-acid-shop-brushes-41338.html