Author Topic: now full - enflavor siphon (diguo F-1889) roadshow!  (Read 9501 times)

jano

Re: now full - enflavor siphon (diguo F-1889) roadshow!
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 05:08:15 PM »
Chris:

I didn't use the filter (in case you didn't notice), and instead, used my yama metal filter.  I can "donate" it to the cause, and send it your way with some paper filters (or to the next contestant), so others can use it; alternatively, they can use their own filters; my glass corning rod from B|Java did fit (I have the shorter one).

The only caveat: the metal ball thingies are kind of big, and grate against the surface (and get jammed between the bottom of the glass siphon and hotplate), so you have to be gentle pushing down.

jano

BoldJava

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 08:51:49 AM »
It's all good, I found my box of seventy-five year old Silex cloth filters (Thanks, Bold|Java)... look like they'll stretch ...

What a hoot -- pressed into action.  Hope I stretch that well when I hit 75.

jimbo

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2014, 03:54:22 PM »
Yakster if you send it along I would be happy to return it at the end. I have several already.

Offline sosha

• Standard User
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2014, 01:03:14 PM »
It's funny.....since I signed up for this, I've purchased a VacPot.  A Cona.  It's truly a thing of beauty, producing a very clean, "showy" cup.  All about the presentation.

I have found this little guy to be the opposite:  very easy and functional.  I've used it a few times, and am have been pleased with the cup it makes.  Washing it is a little tricky, but, I've managed to keep it in the appropriate # of pieces.

So it's going off to Jason (headchange4u) beginning of the week.
LMWDP #440

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2014, 10:09:11 AM »
Enflavor arrived today safe and sound. Testing to commence this afternoon.

BoldJava

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2014, 10:33:03 AM »
Looking forward to your review Jason.

jano

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2014, 12:22:19 PM »
Who has the enflavor siphon now?  No activity for a month.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2014, 08:51:16 AM »
I shipped it to JW a while back. Not sure if he has passed it on since then.

jspain

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2014, 10:34:08 AM »
Who has the enflavor siphon now?  No activity for a month.

Jano,

JW sent me a PM on Nov. 4th asking for my home address. I did forward to him my address. He mentioned in his PM that he was working 80 a week and would ship ASAP! My guess he's just overwhelmed at work! I'll let everyone know when I get it!

Jim

JW

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2014, 05:00:00 AM »
I shipped the enflavor on to Jim a few days ago. He should be getting it soon ( hopefully today).

I only had the chance to try it out twice. I used the metal filter I use with my Yama. Overall, I thought the build quality was good. The coffee turned out great  once I became used to the controls. Like most vac pots, it is capable of having the water rise to the top globe 40 degrees before you want the coffee put in. I messed up a few brews, as you have to keep applying a generous amount of heat to keep the water in the top globe once the coffee is added. It was very easy to have it draw down early. It is quite capable of making a great cup, once one becomes accustomed to the controls as they relate to the upper globe water temp. I highly recommend using a probe thermometer for the first couple of tries.
Thanks Jano for putting this together and I apologize for the delays in getting it sent out.

JW

jspain

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2014, 03:42:00 AM »
richdel is next on the list! It's packed and ready to ship. Just waiting on a mailing address. The prior posted notes about performance are spot on.

jano

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2014, 07:24:52 AM »
Hey Jim:

I don't think Richdel is going to respond?  I hope everything is okay with him.  He has been unresponsive to my PMs for some time, and seems like he hasn't gotten back to you yet, either.   Clicking his handle shows that he did log in yesterday, so, maybe he just doesn't see the PMs, or has decided he's no longer interested in participating. 

For now, let's just go down the list to the next person, woodstock, to keep it moving! :)

PS: Richdel: if you come across this later before we're done with the show, and are still interested, please send me a pm and we're all open to getting you back into the roadshow to play :)

jspain

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2014, 08:07:28 AM »
Sounds like a plan!

Woodstock, please send me your mailing address and I'll ship!

Offline woodstock

• Standard User
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2014, 05:33:03 PM »
It arrived !  Looking forward to trying it out.  I have some Tanzania peaberry waiting for the trial run.

jspain

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2014, 11:50:47 AM »
It arrived !  Looking forward to trying it out.  I have some Tanzania peaberry waiting for the trial run.

GREAT! That got there quick!