Author Topic: Behmor Mod for More Heat  (Read 6142 times)

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Behmor Mod for More Heat
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »
most often peter they will probably tell you its YOUR problem, fix your wires, etc.  Even if it is them delivering low voltage, they won't fix it, because that would be a transformer change out and that don't happen unless the old one goes boom.  Now, ask me in private about 3rd order harmonics, oh never mind   ;D

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 04:56:19 PM »
Yeah, this is all getting way too complicated for what I need to do, which is to roast coffee beans.

I did line the roaster floor and chaff tray with foil for a couple of roasts. It definitely appears to indicate a low probability of chance that it could possibly be helping. But maybe not.

Burner0000

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 06:25:51 AM »
http://homeroast.pbworks.com/f/scto.jpg
Yeah, this is all getting way too complicated for what I need to do, which is to roast coffee beans.

I did line the roaster floor and chaff tray with foil for a couple of roasts. It definitely appears to indicate a low probability of chance that it could possibly be helping. But maybe not.

How old is your Behmor? The heaters do degrade over time and there really cheap to replace. I think I got mine for $10 when I replaced the board just so I had them on hand. If you got the voltage then new elements should do it. If your going to be roasting dark I'd eventually look into a different roaster. Maybe a team of modded poppers or a SC/TO roaster.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:30:25 AM by Burner0000 »

Offline paultflorida

• Standard User
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2013, 05:10:55 AM »
Yuor trying to find solutions without identifying the problem. It was my behmor and works fine
If you cant afford a kill o wat. Go to home depot
Buy one test the roaster and return it
You need to check voltage at the source
I had no problem roasting or pooching beans so i bet it is not the machine

Maybe find a kill o wat on ebay older version cheap. All u need is voltage.  I dont advocate returning things

Btw if you do the math. Roasting coffeer saves you money ( for most folks)

Relaxing with coffee, cigar or pipe in central florida

Burner0000

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 07:15:00 AM »
Yuor trying to find solutions without identifying the problem. It was my behmor and works fine
If you cant afford a kill o wat. Go to home depot
Buy one test the roaster and return it
You need to check voltage at the source
I had no problem roasting or pooching beans so i bet it is not the machine

Maybe find a kill o wat on ebay older version cheap. All u need is voltage.  I dont advocate returning things

Btw if you do the math. Roasting coffeer saves you money ( for most folks)

I got a kill-o-watt that's collecting dust..

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2013, 07:25:30 AM »
It's getting dusty, Burner? Hmm. Waht would you want for it?

ANd yes, I also believe home roasting saves money. But saving money is one thing, spending money that's not there is another.

Burner0000

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 08:19:51 AM »
It's getting dusty, Burner? Hmm. Waht would you want for it?

ANd yes, I also believe home roasting saves money. But saving money is one thing, spending money that's not there is another.

Not actually collecting dust.. I used it maybe 3-4 times when I had my Behmor. I've since sold it and haven't used it since.
$10? It's the P3 model. Send me your address and I'll get a shipping quote for you.