Author Topic: Capuccino Amore Machine - CE-14C  (Read 1498 times)

jimbo

Capuccino Amore Machine - CE-14C
« on: October 04, 2014, 08:40:39 AM »
I threw out a bid on this on a whim, and ended up with it.  For the money ($30 plus shipping) I figured what the heck.  It'll be my first lever, and not what I was looking for, but if it works, or I can get it working it'll be fun.  Not a ton of info out there, but there are a few write-ups that have already been helpful.  My biggest issue will probably be finding seals and any other parts i may need.

I'll post back after it arrives.

jimbo

Re: Capuccino Amore Machine - CE-14C
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 02:26:46 PM »
It arrived.  Well packed, but broken.  the cap is broken, and unfortunately the broken piece is nowhere to be found.  I suspect it was broken prior to being packed.

Other than that, it appears to be in very good condition.  Clean, and so far no leaks.  Now I just need to figure out how to use it.

More later, once I pull a shot.

jimbo

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 05:55:24 AM »
So apparently there are at least a couple of issues.  It heats up, but it doesn't appear to heat up completely. By that I mean that the temp of the water coming from the group is about 150 deg.  And there's not a lot of water coming out the group, and no steaming.  I've tried descaling, but with the lack of water flow its probably not very effective.

I'm wondering if the broken cap is a factor?

I'm going to disassemble to see what else I see.

jimbo

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 07:24:17 AM »
I think I will play the lottery today.

I was bumped up to first class because the airline needed my seat in coach.  then I got an email from shopgoodwill saying they have the broken piece they will send me, along with a refund of 20%. 

Didn't really expect to see the cap, and not sure if it is repairable, so we'll see.  Since it's Goodwill, and I didn't pay that much, I told them to forget about the refund.

As for the machine, I now have pressure and steam.  Must have just really needed descaled.  I've been able to pull a couple of shots of strong coffee, but no real espresso yet. 

I take it that no one here has used one of these.  8)

milowebailey

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 07:46:00 AM »
I don't know that machine, but a good descale and setting the temp should make it a good machine.  There should be an adjustment on the bottom under a cover.  It looks like a spring group so probably similar to a Sama.  Check with Orphan Esresso for parts or a source for seals.  Doug has probably seen one before.

Offline doubleosoul

• Standard User
  • Blues ain't nothing but a good woman gone bad
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 11:24:42 PM »

I take it that no one here has used one of these.  8)
I had one back in 2009 but not long enough to experiment with. I remember needing seals but the steam on it was pretty strong. (I know that's not much help).
"Why don't you come on board Brother, and believe in me? And for a small fee, I'll set you free, near thy God to thee." Daddy Rich/Car Wash/Richard Pryor

jimbo

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 04:43:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Yup, steam seems pretty strong, but still haven't been able to get the temp up where it needs to be. Measured in the cup as it comes out of the group it seems to be about 160 or so. Checked for an adjustment underneath, but there's nothing there. But it is clean and rust free under there and all the connections look good. No leaks anywhere. I haven't had any time to play with it, but haven't given up.