Author Topic: Espresso machine retailer in So Cal ???  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Smksignals

• Standard User
Espresso machine retailer in So Cal ???
« on: December 13, 2014, 05:23:12 PM »
Does anyone know of a large retailer with a variety of espresso machines in So Cal? Something similar to a Seattle Coffee Gear store. I want to get into the espresso game and would love to have a hands on type of store to shop at.

Thanks !
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:44:03 PM by Smksignals »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Offline sea330

• Standard User
Re: Espresso machine retailer in So Cal ???
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 11:23:21 AM »
Try these folks, I purchased parts for an old Astra espresso grinder, very helpful.
 http://www.astramfr.com/

Offline Smksignals

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 01:45:16 PM »
Thx for the link. I am looking for a store with a variety of different manufactures, kind of like SCG.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Smksignals

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 02:56:19 PM »
I know. I would love a store like SCG down here. Must be amazing to walk inside and see all of the variety, of everything.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »
This might sound contrary, and while it would be neat to see and play with them, I don't think that will tell you much or should be given much weight for a purchase decision.  I would trust online reviews, forum research, etc, and settle on a machine that is in my price range and functions well over the course of years with good serviceability, with aesthetics a lesser consideration.  Walking through a well-stocked store, even pulling shots on several of them will still give you an incomplete picture compared to thousands of users pooling their experiences online.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
Espresso machine retailer in So Cal ???
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 05:12:52 PM »
I know. I would love a store like SCG down here. Must be amazing to walk inside and see all of the variety, of everything.

Jim Dukes in San Diego is a good place but its very industrial style.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:49:50 PM by Joe »
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Smksignals

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 05:26:32 PM »
Thx guys. I want to make sure I am not missing a 'super store' in the area. I have done a lot of reading online over the past few days and have pretty much decided on what to buy. I thought it would be nice to do the touchy-feelie thing. :)

Offline BaconFat

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 03:01:29 PM »
This might sound contrary, and while it would be neat to see and play with them, I don't think that will tell you much or should be given much weight for a purchase decision.  I would trust online reviews, forum research, etc, and settle on a machine that is in my price range and functions well over the course of years with good serviceability, with aesthetics a lesser consideration.  Walking through a well-stocked store, even pulling shots on several of them will still give you an incomplete picture compared to thousands of users pooling their experiences online.

This is very good and sound advice.  It also applies to many other purchases that people engage in on a daily basis, such as buying a car.  You can research your purchase until your brain feels like it's going to explode.  In the end most people want to see and touch the item just to help them confirm they are making the right choice.  And whether it makes logical sense or not, aesthetics plays a role.  That might even be the tie breaker.   

Offline expy98

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »
wise choice not posting what you've decided on so that you won't get a ton of differing opinions to
muck up your decision... especially mine...

remember, upgraditis will occur as soon as you hit "buy" :-).