Author Topic: Compak E10 ordered  (Read 2124 times)

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
Compak E10 ordered
« on: February 26, 2015, 08:15:13 AM »

I just placed the order yesterday but I look forward to providing some more information to the community since this was just released earlier this year. From everything I have read, it looks like Compak has listened to the complaints that the Fresh owners had as well as what the competitors have been producing. For instance, I think they went after the Ceado E92 with the E10 because they are focusing on slower grind speed, more durable power switches and a improved burr alignment system.

The matte black should match the ek43 nicely. I missed the crema from my previous grinders. The ek43 has a nice flavor profile but wasn't providing the mouthfeel that I appreciate from a more traditional espresso grinder. Since the two grinders are so different, it will be fun to compare them.

http://www.compak.es/en/e10-conic-essential-od.php

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Compak E10 ordered
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »
Conical burr grinder.

SSSSAAAAWWWWEEEEEETTTT!

Let us know how this baby performs.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 03:52:20 PM »
Nice!! I don't like all the electronics and buttons on the new grinders. I really like the idea of a conical burr though...
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 04:19:50 PM »
This one has a bypass for the electronics unlik the ceado e92. That was one reason for going for it.

Unfortunately, the order was delayed because Compak isn't expecting them to arrive just yet. The seller thought they were in stock.

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »
Grinder showed up. It matches the ek nicely but does what it can't! I have crema again and it is nice!

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 09:37:25 PM »
I have crema again and it is nice!

Crema! Long live Crema.

Enjoy!

lp, 7-Ski

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 05:07:31 AM »
This is now my third day pulling shots on this beast. I call it a beast but it isn't near as beastly as the ek43 when it comes to size:)

I am very impressed with it so far and I am sure it will improve as I get it dialed in just right. I am taking my time but so far it is producing flavors that I am not getting in the ek. It might be my imagination but it seems to taste better than the hg-one and it has a much easier workflow. The portafilter holder is perfect! Unlike the Ceado e92 it directs grounds better and will actually hold the portafilter in place which can be handy.

My only complaints are that the screen takes a couple seconds to calibrate when turning it on and it defaults to the first dosage number and not the last one used. Also, it has a fan that runs the entire time even though the unit is actually very cool in a home setting.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 01:05:25 PM »
Great to hear SYP!

I'm sure you are tasting all these new flavors in there.

After all, can't get much better than Conical Burr!

lp, 7-Ski

Offline vberch

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 08:22:02 AM »
I disconnected the fan on mine. It is very easy to do. Unscrew the four screws in the back, take the fan out, disconnect (or cut the wires), screw the cover back in. It will take you 5 minutes and it is easily reversible if you decide to put everything back.

This is now my third day pulling shots on this beast. I call it a beast but it isn't near as beastly as the ek43 when it comes to size:)

I am very impressed with it so far and I am sure it will improve as I get it dialed in just right. I am taking my time but so far it is producing flavors that I am not getting in the ek. It might be my imagination but it seems to taste better than the hg-one and it has a much easier workflow. The portafilter holder is perfect! Unlike the Ceado e92 it directs grounds better and will actually hold the portafilter in place which can be handy.

My only complaints are that the screen takes a couple seconds to calibrate when turning it on and it defaults to the first dosage number and not the last one used. Also, it has a fan that runs the entire time even though the unit is actually very cool in a home setting.
Roasting and having a blast with a US Corp 1-lb Roaster.