Author Topic: AMBEX YM-2  (Read 3987 times)

milowebailey

AMBEX YM-2
« on: May 16, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »
I just saw this on Craigs list.  I'm going to go look at it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/677927698.html

What do these go for new?

What do you amexers think?

thanks

Milowebailey

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: AMBEX YM-2
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 01:36:27 PM »
I think they go for about $8000.00 new.

I cannot offer a comment as I never used one.

Good luck.
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

nunubie

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 01:39:19 PM »
As of Jan 7, 2008.  A new one was quoted $6500.  That is just the basic machine, not including any options.

Good luck.

barko78

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »
As of Jan 7, 2008.  A new one was quoted $6500.  That is just the basic machine, not including any options.

Good luck.

I got the same quote, $6500 new.  That's without the chaff collecter thingy (~$375). 
I have a 2008 and I really like it.  It was diffacult getting a 1# roast out of it but after making probe adjustments and changing my warm up temp I can go from 1# to 4.5# and have time and temps almost identical. 
I would check with the sellar about continuous roasting.  My roaster has a dampner to direct airflow to the cooler and still allows me to roast another batch at the same time.  I read somewhere that some of the older models don't have that and you can't roast/cool at the same time - I may be wrong though.
I've only owned it for a few months but so far everything is great.  Good luck.

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 02:59:07 PM »
I have an 07. It was $6,500. The larger machines just incurred a price increase due to the inclusion of the "RT" package, some pretty neat technology. I have been very happy so far with mine. Like barko, I can do as little as one pound on mine and pretty much replicate a 4# roast. By the way, barko, what did you do to your probe? I have used mine "a lot" already...10 hours non-stop yesterday.

Shep
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion

barko78

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 08:20:21 PM »

By the way, barko, what did you do to your probe?

I bent it 90* down about half way down the probe.  Then I bent the last 2cm of the tip another 90* toward the sight glass.  Sort of like this ----
                                                                                                                                                                                                  l
                                                                                                                                                                                                  l
                                                                                                                                                                                                  L_
It helps me pick up a more accurate bean temp on smaller batches.  I used to have to subtract 25* from the indicated temp to get actual temp when working with 1lb batches.  Bending the probe takes some patience, as I'm sure you know.  Also, be aware of the drum fins.  Hope this helps.  BTW - I love the organic sumatra, thank you.

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 03:46:22 AM »
Thanks. I had heard of some people bending it. My 1# reading are off as well.

Shep

barko78

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »
I just saw this on Craigs list.  I'm going to go look at it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/677927698.html

What do these go for new?

What do you amexers think?

thanks

Milowebailey

So what's the verdict Larry?  Did you check it out? 

milowebailey

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 06:03:39 AM »
I haven't heard back from the guy.... maybe he sold it already.  I'm hoping he was just out of email range over the weekend.

I'll let you guys know.

Stubbie

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 07:15:12 AM »
The posting has been pulled too...at least it was last night when I wanted to peek at it.

-Stubbie

Glacier

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 02:48:01 PM »
What did he want for it?

what all did it include?

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 03:51:41 PM »
Those things sure do go fast. If I decide to upgrade, I don't know if I will sell mine or keep it. I already have a growing list of interested onlookers, waiting to see if I am going to sell it or not!

Shep

Stubbie

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 05:17:35 PM »
Everybody loves a bargain...at least I know I do!

-Stubbie

milowebailey

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 06:56:22 PM »
One of our members beat me to it.... he just stopped by my house with it in the back of his truck.

Glad to see it go to one of us!!

Pyment

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 11:41:56 AM »
Those things sure do go fast. If I decide to upgrade, I don't know if I will sell mine or keep it. I already have a growing list of interested onlookers, waiting to see if I am going to sell it or not!

Shep

I presume I am on your list!