Author Topic: Sonofresco / Q&A / Tip & Tricks  (Read 125882 times)

Offline CoffeeCarl

• Standard User
Re: Sonofresco / Q&A / Tip & Tricks
« Reply #390 on: December 07, 2013, 04:16:51 AM »
Thanks, that would be great!

Carl

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #391 on: December 07, 2013, 05:25:19 AM »
I would like to see a graph of the roast with a bead type thermocouple in the bean mass. This will reveal the temp swings more accurately.

sashazane

« Reply #392 on: December 11, 2013, 10:07:44 AM »
I got an email from another roaster informing me of the upgrade being available. He just purchased it. Hopefully I'll hear back about it soon.

I JUST RECEIVED THE UPGRADE PACKAGE IN THE MAIL, I was very excited to install the software and attach the kit to the machine.
To bad that last night when I inserted the disc it wasn't bootable on a macbook pro.
This morning the R&D dept. told me that another person has called today with the same problem and they are frantically trying to figure it out. It is a bit disappointing that they wouldn't check to make sure you can boot the program on both a Mac and PC. I mean REALLY?!!!
 OK. enough rant. Obviously there is a lack of organization over in burlington.. It seems eerily familiar to
Obamacare.. hmm.

Burner0000

« Reply #393 on: December 11, 2013, 10:18:19 AM »
I got an email from another roaster informing me of the upgrade being available. He just purchased it. Hopefully I'll hear back about it soon.

I JUST RECEIVED THE UPGRADE PACKAGE IN THE MAIL, I was very excited to install the software and attach the kit to the machine.
To bad that last night when I inserted the disc it wasn't bootable on a macbook pro.
This morning the R&D dept. told me that another person has called today with the same problem and they are frantically trying to figure it out. It is a bit disappointing that they wouldn't check to make sure you can boot the program on both a Mac and PC. I mean REALLY?!!!
 OK. enough rant. Obviously there is a lack of organization over in burlington.. It seems eerily familiar to
Obamacare.. hmm.

quick fix.. Download VM ware or vitrual box and you can load Mac in a "Virtual PC" within your computer.  Keep in mind also that they weren't suppose to launch until 2014. :)  At least it's not a hardware fault.

yankeeNH

« Reply #394 on: December 11, 2013, 11:40:06 AM »

Obamacare.. hmm.

quick fix.. Download VM ware or vitrual box and you can load Mac in a "Virtual PC" within your computer.  Keep in mind also that they weren't suppose to launch until 2014. :)  At least it's not a hardware fault.

Hehehe...that other guy was me! I tried loading a virtual PC and then tried installing it, but the version of Windows it was using required a different version of Java so it wouldn't load. Might work on a different virtual PC solution, but I really need to keep this native on my Mac if at all possible.

sashazane

« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2013, 10:29:34 PM »

Obamacare.. hmm.

I just received a fix to the problem from the technical team at SonoFresco, I now have it installed on my macbook. I have to say that they were very prompt with helping me through the issue. I take back my negative remarks, especially after hearing that it wasn't supposed to be released until 2014.
 I live close to the manufacturer and bought the roaster in person, everyone is super nice, the equipment is sturdy and works well, so no complaints. I can't wait to start using the ADR software!!

jspain

« Reply #396 on: December 12, 2013, 05:23:07 AM »
Thanks for the updates!!! Pls keep us informed of your observations and the operations of the upgrade. I will jump in once positive feedback is given from your use. Hope it proves to be positive?  jim

Burner0000

« Reply #397 on: December 12, 2013, 05:24:18 AM »
Now I just gotta wait for an android, windows, linux version of the software.

yankeeNH

« Reply #398 on: December 12, 2013, 05:37:21 AM »
But it *is* available for Windows...that was the issue. We are both Mac users...

Burner0000

« Reply #399 on: December 12, 2013, 06:01:37 AM »
Oh.... Lol sweet!

yankeeNH

« Reply #400 on: December 12, 2013, 08:00:23 AM »

Obamacare.. hmm.

I just received a fix to the problem from the technical team at SonoFresco, I now have it installed on my macbook. I have to say that they were very prompt with helping me through the issue. I take back my negative remarks, especially after hearing that it wasn't supposed to be released until 2014.
 I live close to the manufacturer and bought the roaster in person, everyone is super nice, the equipment is sturdy and works well, so no complaints. I can't wait to start using the ADR software!!

I was impressed with their quickness to find a solution as well. This is a small company (like many of us) and this is their first foray into software and more sophisticated electronics, so I give them some slack.

I know I'm an early adopter so I'm expecting some landmines along the way. I now have software that loads, and I've installed the Bluetooth component with the new controller board, but I'm not able to stay connected...and I'm having software crashes. I'm sure we'll get this sorted out eventually. I'll keep you posted... Good thing is that the original profile is still hard coded in, so the machine is still useable while we work out the kinks.

sashazane

« Reply #401 on: December 12, 2013, 04:25:42 PM »
well I installed the bluetooth kit and am finishing my first profiled roast. it's all graphed out.
Now I need to learn how to insert the data points for a perfect roast!!

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #402 on: December 12, 2013, 04:29:49 PM »
I am not sure if this will help but I see the same characteristics in the graph as I have seen in mine when logging. When the sono cuts the gas it drops the temperature dramatically and depending on where it cuts relative to first crack, it can have a dramatic difference on the cup.

So, they advertise profiling but I have to wonder hum much control it really gives.

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #403 on: December 12, 2013, 04:32:19 PM »
Are we really sure that minor variations in the air flow temp really contribute significantly to internal bean temps?
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Burner0000

« Reply #404 on: December 12, 2013, 05:17:16 PM »
Has anybody been able to log bean temp drops during gas cycling? I'm personally not worried because of how fast it cycles on and off but I'm really curious.