Author Topic: Bodum Score This Weekend.  (Read 782 times)

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Bodum Score This Weekend.
« on: September 21, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
I stopped by Tuesday Morning this weekend and scored a couple nice Bodum finds. My first find was a set of the Bodum thermal Double wall glasses. They were ~15.2 oz cups, which was perfect. I had been looking for a larger size. These are my first Bodum thermal double wall glasses, although I have been wanting to pick up a set for a while. Next I hope to find some of the 2 oz espresso cups.

My second Bodum find was this neat little gadget:

I had never seen anything like it before. I have not broke it in yet, but I will report back once I do. I had been in the market for a smaller french press. Maybe this device will fill that niche.

Offline MMW

• Standard User
Re: Bodum Score This Weekend.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:34:12 AM »
That's pretty cool.

Can it do the reverse pull?  :P

I love those double wall Bodum glasses, BTW.  Mrs. MMW found the iced tea version (tall,skinny, about 14oz) on clearance at (gasp) Starbucks.  I think we paid $20 for a set of four  :o
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Re: Bodum Score This Weekend.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 07:45:01 AM »
It should be able to do a reverse pull. There is a simple rubber flap that surrounds the plungers. It's funny you should mention that. Since the grounds are contained in the metal "basket", I thought plunging up and down would help circulate the water through the grounds.

Yeah, I'm diggin' the glasses a lot. They are short and fat, which would not have been my first choice, but the low center of gravity has been nice. And the are large enough to hold a beer >:D