Author Topic: neat stocking stuffer for Baratza Maestro or Virtuoso grinder owners.  (Read 1601 times)

Tex

Re: neat stocking stuffer for Baratza Maestro or Virtuoso grinder owners.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 09:10:16 PM »
I looked at this review and it looks like the burr carriers are all metal. BTW: The burrs are flat and at 54mm are on the small size. But they are ceramic and the grinder is belt driven, so heat build up should be minimized.

http://www.coffeegeek.com/opinions/showreports/05-05-2008/9:45

This is a complex machine and we all know that complexity has its downside in reliability issues, so I'd suggest waiting 6 months to a year if you're interested in the Vario.

Offline shakin_jake

• Standard User
  • one over the 8th
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 09:42:55 PM »
Wait 6 months to a year for owner/user input?  All of that article was dated May 08', so hasn't the Vario been out for better than a year?  Just asking

I suppose it would be best to have a second grinder just in case...so I would keep my MD-50 on one of the pantry shelfs=:-)

And here I am talking like I have some money in my pocket, I don't

So what happened, was the release of the Vario held back a year?  Isn't there someone on the Yahoo Gaggia list using one?  I'll go over there and ask

Jake
Reddick Fla.
Our faults irritate us most when we see them in others.
-- Dutch Proverb

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 09:55:48 PM »
Just a heads-up. I saw Peter mentioned a GS3 and wanted a Mahlkonig ES30 to match. I assume it was a joke, but if not. . . You can contact Mahlkonig and they will sell you demo grinders from shows for around $1,150. I know it is still high, but a fraction of what they go for new. . . $2150 or something.