Author Topic: New dual input digital thermometer with data logging software.  (Read 776 times)

Tex

New dual input digital thermometer with data logging software.
« on: February 10, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
Played around with it a bit. The data logging software is nice - not much in the way of documentation, but it seems simple enough. I like the dual inputs feature and having a choice of t/c types, but wish they could be different type t/c at the same time. Right now I'm going to roast a batch of beans on the Sonofresco and see what shows up.

Tomorrow I'll hook it up to an espresso machine: I'll track the boiler temps and the group temps using my homemade Scace device, both using type T t/c.

Might be interesting?

Here's the link to the original post for this tool.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Re: New dual input digital thermometer with data logging software.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »
Got the same unit and I'm happy with it so far. I need to pick up and extra K style probe. Your Ebay probes working okay with that unit Tex?

Tex

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:35:57 PM »
Got the same unit and I'm happy with it so far. I need to pick up and extra K style probe. Your Ebay probes working okay with that unit Tex?

Everything is just hunky-dory. I've got a few K & T type t/c. I do need to pick up some type T & K mini connectors.

Tex

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:39:38 PM »

IF you happen to be anywhere near Mr Gallt's home, see what he thinks of the meter - compared to the geek tools he uses?

I'm going to check the calibration using the ice water & boiling water techniques. I'm looking through the documentation to see how to adjust the readout?

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 07:06:57 PM »

IF you happen to be anywhere near Mr Gallt's home, see what he thinks of the meter - compared to the geek tools he uses?

Fluke thermometers...everywhere. I bet I saw 15 of them, literally. Probably more that I didn't see. If I get over his way any time soon I'll show him the MCM unit

Tex

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 07:36:16 PM »

Fluke thermometers...everywhere. I bet I saw 15 of them, literally. Probably more that I didn't see. If I get over his way any time soon I'll show him the MCM unit

I wish I lived within easy driving distance of his place. He's always been helpful to me in figuring out the various PIDs I use. I did get to pay him back by showing him the PID enclosures I use - now he's using a variation of the same one. It felt good to be able to do something in return for all he's done for me (heck, he even volunteered to weld up some t/c's for me!). 8)