Author Topic: grease for roaster  (Read 670 times)

Pyment

grease for roaster
« on: March 30, 2010, 08:20:06 AM »
I have done enough roasting on my Toper 1Kg roaster that I am thinking I should be lubricating it.

I need advice on what grease and other lubricants to buy and what other lubricating I should be doing.

Also the grease fitting on my roaster seems pretty small. How do you go about sizing a grease gun?

Stubbie

Re: grease for roaster
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:15:29 AM »
I use Bel Ray Food safe grease on my roaster.  I got about 1/2 a tube of it when I purchased a year ago, and have about 1/2 of that left.  I've been told it's pretty pricey, but it has to be a lot cheaper than new bearings.  I try to lube the bearings once every 10 roasts or so.  No grease fitting on my machine, I just jam it in the front.

I'll get the part number off the tube when I go out to the shop later today. (as long as I haven't cut that part of the tube away)

-Stubbie

Stubbie

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »
It's Bel Ray part number 62280

I'm having a heck of a time finding a supplier for it online in the quick search I just did, so if you find some, let me know. :)  I'll be needing more in a couple of months.

-Stubbie

Tex

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 01:37:05 PM »
It's Bel Ray part number 62280

I'm having a heck of a time finding a supplier for it online in the quick search I just did, so if you find some, let me know. :)  I'll be needing more in a couple of months.

-Stubbie

What's the temp rating for that? BTW: Doesn't look like Bel Ray carries that anymore.