Author Topic: Newbie question, but I would appreciate help about drip coffee makers.  (Read 669 times)

jberzins

Hello, I normally prefer a french press, but for ease in the mornings wife would like me to get a drip maker with a thermal carafe. My wife sent me this ip, http://www.hammacher.com/Product/74760?source=AddThis, but I am sure it was just one of the first ones she saw. A friend of mine is a roaster and part of your forums and suggested I ask you folks what would be best. Any opinions will be much appreciated. Thanks

milowebailey

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
A lot of people think the Newco OCS and any Technivorm machine are 'the best'. The water hits the coffee at the proper temperature for brewing with both machines. They are more about making great coffee then overall convenience though. Neither has a clock / timer, but both machines have quite powerful heating elements so brewing only takes 4 or 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:04:55 AM by Warrior372 »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
The water hits the coffee at the proper temperature for brewing with both machines.

I think this most accurate description of auto-drip machines I've ever seen.

We often say they brew at proper temps but I think the above is most accurate.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Its not an auto drip maker but the clever coffee brewer at Sweet Marie's (or maybe peter) is a good compromise between easy brew and french press steep