Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 612 times)

waltfb

What is this?
« on: April 30, 2010, 02:02:16 PM »
I found an unusual large object shaped like the smaller moka pots at an antique store recently.  The owner insisted it was a moka pot for making Italian coffee and it did say "Milano Made in Italy" on the top. But it did not have a spout, only a steam wand with three small holes in the tip.  It is rather large looks like it could hold at least 1 litre of water.  Anybody seen one of therse before?  Any comments?  I've attached a picture.

Walt
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:29:34 PM by waltfb »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Re: What is this?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 04:16:18 PM »
Can you add water to it and see if you can make steam with it?

"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

waltfb

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 09:46:27 AM »
I did add water to it and made steam with it.  It worked quite nicely.  I had it listed differently and didn't get any reply so I changed the title of the post.  It is not for making coffee as it does not have a basket to put coffee in, and no spout for pouring.  The two objects on top are safety, or pop off, valves. I suppose it was to steam milk in a commercial setting.  I was hoping someone on this group had seen one before and would comment.

Walt

Offline shakin_jake

• Standard User
  • one over the 8th
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 11:39:30 AM »
Looks like the answer to consumer Gaggia's poor steaming capabilities

<ducking and running>

=:-)
Jake
Reddick Fla.
“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”