Author Topic: Hot dang - Hottop B!  (Read 2288 times)

milowebailey

Re: Hot dang - Hottop B!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 09:59:01 AM »
Robert ... I must ask this question ... most people upgrade from a Hottop to a Sonofresco ... but you are downgrading from a Sonofresco to a Hottop.  What gives?

???

Didn't milo also sell his Sono & buy a HT?

I might be mistaken, but I think he sold the Sono and bought an Ambex.

About mid page.

Actually I bought an Ambex and then sold the Sono.... also have a hottop, an Alpenrost and a Behmor.

Tex sold MY other sono to buy his Hottop...

Interesting ... which do you prefer amongst the HotTop, Alpenroast, Behmor and Sonofresco?

:)

Hottop most closely follows the Ambex.  Sono is in a different class and I did like that too.  Alpenrost was a great starter.  One thing I didn't like about it was you can not see the beans.  Have to go by sound.  It also didn't have enough flexibility in profiles.... seems to be the biggest problem with most home roasting machines.

Tex

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 10:14:43 AM »
Robert ... I must ask this question ... most people upgrade from a Hottop to a Sonofresco ... but you are downgrading from a Sonofresco to a Hottop.  What gives?

???

About mid page.

Actually I bought an Ambex and then sold the Sono.... also have a hottop, an Alpenrost and a Behmor.

And I've got a potential buyer for your YM-2. I'm just working out when I can sneak over and get it!
 ;D

milowebailey

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 10:16:51 AM »

???

About mid page.

And I've got a potential buyer for your YM-2. I'm just working out when I can sneak over and get it!
 ;D

Beware of the dogs, they do bite.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 10:18:02 AM »

???

No mention of the Behmor.  I take it you don't like that one?

???

About mid page.

Interesting ... which do you prefer amongst the HotTop, Alpenroast, Behmor and Sonofresco?

:)

Hottop most closely follows the Ambex.  Sono is in a different class and I did like that too.  Alpenrost was a great starter.  One thing I didn't like about it was you can not see the beans.  Have to go by sound.  It also didn't have enough flexibility in profiles.... seems to be the biggest problem with most home roasting machines.
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

milowebailey

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 10:21:41 AM »
I have not used the Behmor yet... so no opinion yet.

Ray T

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »
I am not sure I believe you Tex. I mean you bid hot and heavy on the Hottop here. Then Mickey Mouse bangs you on the head for flirting with Minnie now you just give up when your outbid by $20 bucks. I smell a Rat (and its not Mickey).  ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:32:57 PM by Ray T »

Tex

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 10:17:11 PM »
I am not sure I believe you Tex. I mean you bid hot and heavy on the Hottop here. Then Mickey Mouse bangs you on the head for flirting with Minnie now you just give up when your outbid by $20 bucks. I smell a Rat (and its not Mickey).  ;D

Common mistake; but that's nine-banded armadillo road-kill you're smelling. We'll toss it onto John's new propane BBQ and stuff it into MP's belly!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:30:40 PM by Tex »

Pyment

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 04:37:44 AM »
That pic is obviously photoshopped.

Everyone knows the only way to kill an armadillo is to get them to drink Starbucks.