Author Topic: So, what to do when impulses get the better of one's judgment?  (Read 919 times)

Tex

I don't need another grinder; I've got one Rancilio MD50 that works perfectly, another that's in pieces just waiting to be sent off to the painters (if I ever decide on a color?), a Futurmat FP that just needs an upper burr carrier, plus a few odds & ends grinders that I've bought packaged with machines over the years.

In other words I really don't need another grinder, right? Then why the heck did I just buy an Astoria (Mazzer) Super Jolly? I can only cite the Ferengi 1st stage of acquisition - I wanted it. Hopefully I'll move quickly to the 5th stage!

Tex, the original Ferengi!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: So, what to do when impulses get the better of one's judgment?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »
Obviously a good looking dude to boot!

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:09:45 AM »

I think the B cup frontal lobes are very distinguished looking, don't you? ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:25:24 AM by Tex »

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:34:19 AM »
In other words I really don't need another grinder, right? Then why the heck did I just buy an Astoria (Mazzer) Super Jolly?

My first guess is you bought it because it's sexy and will impress the hell out of your non-coffee-smart neighbor and maybe trump his Corvette and young starlet bride.

What do I win for having the first correct answer?   ;D
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:38:16 AM »

I think the B cup frontal lobes are very distinguished looking, don't you? ;D ;D

Yes ... not to mention the brain cells it retains.

:o
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »
In other words I really don't need another grinder, right? Then why the heck did I just buy an Astoria (Mazzer) Super Jolly?

My first guess is you bought it because it's sexy and will impress the hell out of your non-coffee-smart neighbor and maybe trump his Corvette and young starlet bride.

What do I win for having the first correct answer?   ;D

Five pounds of my prized kitty luwak, left on your front porch in a paper sack and set afire! What's your address again?

edited: Besides, I just couldn't help myself!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 01:14:52 PM by Tex »

Stubbie

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 09:17:52 PM »
I'm hoping to take a look at a Super Jolly 220V that I found locally...

What would you consider a fair price?  I know they were a dime dozen back in the day of Starbucks going super-auto, but those days are long gone and I have no idea since this is a 220 machine.  Looks good from the pictures.

-Stubbie

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:49:37 PM »

What would you consider a fair price?  I know they were a dime dozen back in the day of Starbucks going super-auto, but those days are long gone and I have no idea since this is a 220 machine.  Looks good from the pictures.

-Stubbie

$1 a volt...you might get lucky :)
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Tex

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 01:00:34 PM »

-Stubbie

I just spent $300 on a fairly new SJ and counted myself fortunate! SJ's in almost any condition sell for >$450.