Author Topic: Able KONE  (Read 58617 times)

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
Re: Able KONE
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2010, 11:22:40 AM »
I had even found a la pavoni europiccola too for 15$

Thanks for that....

Now I'll be looking at old VCR's and those blasted bread machines for the next 2 weeks.

hahhahaha..I got lucky once. It was a good once and it was on Craigslist with the espresso machine spelled expresso in the ad I scored my Elektra T-1 for $180.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2010, 11:33:10 AM »
Think man, think! Repeat after me, "Good coffee = espresso or vac pot."  

While I don't totally agree with you. I did score a nice Cory Vac pot like I used to have back in the day for $30. I have always regretted selling my Cory and now it has finally come full circle.....Vac Pots do make a perfect cup.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2010, 11:36:33 AM »
Why would I throw more money after money admittedly spent on a decorative piece? If I want a good cup of coffee I've got at least a half-dozen "good" options to go through before I have to fall back on a pour over :icon_puke_l:

Think man, think! Repeat after me, "Good coffee = espresso or vac pot."  "Good coffee = espresso or vac pot."  "Good coffee = espresso or vac pot.". Now keep that thought front and center in your brain.
;D
Thank you for bringing me back to my senses!  I was about to go for the pretty shiny geometric shape, but remembered that Newco sitting on our fridge collecting dust and the vintage '36 Silex stove-top vac that is just too big to use.  Espresso or Hario vac!

Glad I could help! Maybe we should start a counseling service to help folks simplify their lives in these confusing times? :angel:

slippery slope!! next thing you know some one will come along trying to simplify your life with a can of pre ground coffee or ~gasp~ buyers club card for *$

Then the answer is to start a seminar program like EST/Context, where we can take these lost folks and give them in-depth help. Do you think it'd fit under the GCBC umbrella or should we strike out on our own?

I see it now; a one-week process where our experts could teach the miscreants the difference between good coffee and dreck. Then there'd be sessions teaching the novices how to use the various devices. Then a one-week in-depth residence program in Etheopia, where we'd take the new initiates to the farms to pick their own beans.

Wow, I can just see the coffee improvement movement sweeping the country. We'd be a power to be reckoned with!

:angel:

It's an aggressive plan, but I like it. Green light from me. Maybe even call it something like GCBC 101, that way it seems more like a class than therapy.

Tex

« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »

Thanks for that....

Now I'll be looking at old VCR's and those blasted bread machines for the next 2 weeks.

hahhahaha..I got lucky once. It was a good once and it was on Craigslist with the espresso machine spelled expresso in the ad I scored my Elektra T-1 for $180.

Broad searches with wild cards work well too. Good finds are out there!

espressoh

« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2010, 12:06:11 PM »
Sorta on/off the subject. Does anyone know if the Kone will fit into the large Mellita?

Tex

« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2010, 12:34:39 PM »
Sorta on/off the subject. Does anyone know if the Kone will fit into the large Mellita?

Bad form! Once a thread is hijacked it can't be unhijacked. ;D

Do you mean the pour over or the drip maker?

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2010, 12:59:23 PM »

Thanks for that....

So that is how you do it!  I can learn how to Google here, too! :)
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

Tex

« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2010, 01:05:21 PM »

Thanks for that....

So that is how you do it!  I can learn how to Google here, too! :)

Keep it down, we don't want those guys to find out! ;)

espressoh

« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »

Do you mean the pour over or the drip maker?

The pour over. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack anything

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2010, 07:00:17 PM »

That was funny.

Somebody really should say Kone 50 times because the newbie probably has no idea how normal this is for GCBC.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

milowebailey

« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2010, 07:17:28 PM »
I got mine today....  :headbang:

Tex

« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »

Really? I thought Mrs M was out of town?
 :laughing4:

milowebailey

« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2010, 07:37:30 PM »

Really? I thought Mrs M was out of town?
 :laughing4:
Tex... :nono: :nono: :nono:

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2010, 06:53:12 AM »

I think the pointy bottom will make it hard to work with the melitta..

BoldJava

« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2010, 06:59:57 AM »

I think the pointy bottom will make it hard to work with the melitta..

I have a large Cilio (same shape) and will test the KONE in it next week for you.

B|Java