Author Topic: Need help identifying portafilter  (Read 758 times)

EricBNC

Need help identifying portafilter
« on: March 02, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »
I found a yellow handle 58mm chrome plated aluminum portafilter today - it fits (and works with) a Hamilton Beach 40729 machine so it probably comes from something similar to this unit.  Unlike the H-B, it has a rubber and plastic pressurized component and double basket that seats with pressure from a gasket rather than a wire spring clip.

Does anyone know what brand/type machine this part goes with?   I am curious and my search of the internets fails to enlighten me.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Need help identifying portafilter
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:06:04 PM »
My guess would be a Saeco or one of its knock offs.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline newroaster

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »
I have a very similar portafilter. The basket has the showerhead on the inside and a pinhole on the outside where the coffee extracts. It's pressurized. Mine is an Ariete Cafe Prestige. Sunbeam Australia also makes the same machine but with a different name.

EricBNC

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 06:10:14 AM »
I have a very similar portafilter. The basket has the showerhead on the inside and a pinhole on the outside where the coffee extracts. It's pressurized. Mine is an Ariete Cafe Prestige. Sunbeam Australia also makes the same machine but with a different name.

Yours looks similar in design but they are not the same - your portafilter is a 53 mm (give or take a mm) while this part is 58 mm so definitely not interchangeable - I found out mine comes from a ViceVersa Koala espresso maker.  For a while I looked for the rest of the machine but nothing turned up.  I do not think the Koala was an especially durable unit.