Author Topic: Excellent Thermal Carafe  (Read 2787 times)

BostonGuy

Excellent Thermal Carafe
« on: December 26, 2006, 07:20:53 PM »
I happened to see this on Ebay. I bought one for a much higher price on Amazon a while back and I recommend it. CHris posted info about it and I took his suggestion and am happy I did. It keeps coffee hot for hours. I heat mine up with hot tap water while the coffee is brewing and then pour the coffee in right away. Six hours later it is still hot enough to drink. If you are in the market for a thermal carafe this is it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zojirushi-1-9-Liter-Thermal-Carafe-Stainless-NIB_W0QQitemZ160067183969QQihZ006QQcategoryZ38251QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

coffeeguzzler

Re: Excellent Thermal Carafe
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 02:06:50 PM »
I have a drip machine by that same company and love it!!  Stays hot for hours and hours.

Offline Curtis

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 06:49:48 PM »
I have the Zojirushi thermal caraffe, and have had both the "big push button top"  that looks like Staples Easy Button and the one with the pump lever on top.  The jury of worn out tops says that the lever handle lasts longer.

Curtis

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 01:49:10 AM »
I have the "one-hand" push button style.  It has been in service for about 4 years, and still works perfectly.  It is the 1 Liter model, and probably has gotten used about 5 times a week, and about 10 presses per pot, so that is....calculating....1 Million presses.  Nah, but it is a lot.  Can't say the things looks great after all this time & abuse, but I do think I got it for $12.99 on Amazon back then.  Looks like the price is double now.  They used to have a white version, but have long since discontinued it.  I actually did a scientific comparison web page using the Zojirushi, an Alfi, & the Bosch carafe from their coffeemaker. The Zojirushi won hands down.

I also have a hot water dispensing pot and a rice cooker from Zojirushi, and they are bullet-proof.  If you do French Press, the water pot is a total must-have.  Perfect temps every time.  We use it for soup, tea, cocoa, coffee, pre-heating cups, oatmeal, etc.  You would be surprised how much you use something like that, once you have it.  The hot water tap on my espresso machine is OK, but you never know what temp you are getting.  Oh yeah, actually I do - about 1 degree below boiling!