Author Topic: New method of one cup coffee brewing for the office  (Read 806 times)

Offline MGLloyd

• Standard User
New method of one cup coffee brewing for the office
« on: December 12, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Primula-PCBR-0146-Single-Brewing-Machine/dp/B0087SPTLC/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

I have been pondering a good coffee solution for the office with a minimum of hassle and cleanup. I bought this at a whim at a local store (Fred Meyer, for everyone in the PNW). I use a 16 ounce thermal bottle (Bubba Hero bottle, also from Fred Meyer) to brew in. I placed the ring over the top of the thermal bottle, put 1/4 cup coarse ground coffee into the mesh sock (as I would grind for my french press) and using the hot water tap on the office Bunn machine, poured in about 14 ounces hot water over the course of about three minutes. I then let the coffee sock steep in the bottle for three additional minutes. I pulled off the ring, inverted the sock, dumped the grounds into the sink and rinsed off the sock. The coffee was excellent.

This was much less hassle and clean-up than bringing in one of my French presses or a Melitta drip cone. The ring neatly stores in my desk. I am also going to remember this for hiking as well.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd
Arlington, Washington  USA