Coffee Discussion boards > Hardware & Equipment

Bullet R1

(1/11) > >>

YasBean:
This forum has been awfully quiet, lately, which is really sad.  I started my roasting many, many years ago with this group, and am grateful for all the experience and friendship.  I just finished reading the thread on the North roaster from MCR, and found out that, yes, B|J did go off to other things, and that Peter has finally graduated from DB/HG to MUCH bigger toys.  Good for you, Peter!

So, just to keep things alive a little longer: I pulled the trigger in the last days of the Bullet R1 pre-order.  After several delays, the Bullets finally started flying (well, actually, shipping), but I ordered the 120v version.  Then, I elected to wait for the improved heat sink.  Then, they ran out of other parts.  Now, I am still waiting, but that is fine.  I knew there was a certain risk in buying something that did not even exist, yet.  In the end, I suspect that I will get a great roaster -- and it comes in only one color.

I tried breaking out the old CaffeRosto, and ran that for a few batches, but finally put it away after wasting some perfectly good beans.  I now am almost to a free bag of beans from Temple.  Hopefully, that free bag will be my last bag of commercial (although really quite excellent) coffee, and I will be roasting 100g-1kg batches of GCBC coffee, again!

peter:
Keep us posted, Yasbeans!

ptrmorton:
Yes, I'd be interested too.

kelppaddy:
I've had a new 220v Bullet for over a month now but have been working so much overtime I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.  :-\

kp

YasBean:
For shame!

A Bullet is a terrible thing to waste.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version