Author Topic: Homemade Bean Coolers  (Read 1904 times)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Homemade Bean Coolers
« on: April 11, 2008, 08:11:23 PM »
If this proves to be clear as mud, I'll post a few pics soon.  All it is, is a box I cut down from a larger box, with a baffle taped into the inside that runs from side to side, in effect creating a two-sectioned interior.  The fan is one of those generic black plastic-housed fans that is angled up, and set on HI.  Anything could be used to hold the hot beans, colander, etc.  I just had this Tupperware square from a previous bean cooler.

I like it 'cuz the fans are only $10, and available anywhere, when this one gives up the ghost.  Plus it's very quiet, and doesn't drown out Brahm's String Serenade serenely soothing the scene.  Anything less would be uncivilized.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:18:31 PM by peter »
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
Re: Homemade Bean Coolers
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 04:49:50 PM »
That's clear as a bell, peter. Thanks. I started a similar contraption, but I had planned to have the fan mounted in a baffle a few inches from the bottom of the beans blowing up. My BM/HG often leaves quite a lot of chaff in the beans and I was hoping to blow most of it out (I roast outside year round).
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

cfsheridan

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 04:55:54 PM »
My favorite part of the design is the part where the "Cool Air [is] Drawn Across Perfectly Roasted Beans"

I am sure it took many years to perfect the latter part of that feature.  I am afraid I cannot attempt to create a device like yours, Mein Herr, as I lack such beans. ;)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:40:25 PM »
Hey... perfect roasts? ...it's so easy a caveman can do it.  Just ask Joe.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you