Author Topic: Diedrich IR-3  (Read 2960 times)

milowebailey

Diedrich IR-3
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:49:07 PM »
Man I wish I had an extra $10k laying around......

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/bfs/651454435.html

nunubie

Re: Diedrich IR-3
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:16:50 PM »
Is this a good price for an IR3 ?

milowebailey

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:35:31 PM »
I think they are about $14k new, at least in the ad.  and the duct work is probably a couple hundred bucks.

http://www.roastmagazine.com/currentissue/classifieds.html

nunubie

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »
Wow!!

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 07:47:59 AM »
Before I purchased the Ambex, I priced the IR3. Delivered to my door, it was a little over $11,000. The have a lot of "extras" that can really increase the price. The ad is gone, so I did not see what type of duct work it included, but it can cost a lot!

I just got back from North Carolina where I was allowed to tour the Port City Java roasting facility. Their roaster is about the size of my garage! It is a two bagger.

Shep
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion

BoldJava

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 07:53:42 AM »

I just got back from North Carolina where I was allowed to tour the Port City Java roasting facility. Their roaster is about the size of my garage! It is a two bagger.

Shep

One local roaster has a built to order Diedrich he showed us.  It does 100 kilos <?>.  I just stood there, remembering my pooched roasts and gulping.

B|Java

nunubie

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 02:47:50 PM »
Shep,

I think they included 18' of Selkirk, class-A double wall.  What kind of ducting did you use for your Ambex?  What are the pricing like??

nunubie

Glacier

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 03:43:25 PM »
Shep,

I think they included 18' of Selkirk, class-A double wall.  What kind of ducting did you use for your Ambex?  What are the pricing like??

nunubie

Not sure exactly what was required or what brand, but $50 per lineal foot is what the guy told me when I was looking last year at a used Dierdrich + any fabrication, install, etc. I needed close to 25 feet of it is what he told me. and then they told me to double that amount or even triple it for fabrication to be safe to account for misc cost, installation, etc. "ball park figure"

Sounded about right to me...the roaster sold an hour later to someone else, and I have not looked into it any more since then.

nunubie

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 04:57:51 PM »
Shep,

nunubie

Not sure exactly what was required or what brand, but $50 per lineal foot is what the guy told me when I was looking last year at a used Dierdrich + any fabrication, install, etc. I needed close to 25 feet of it is what he told me. and then they told me to double that amount or even triple it for fabrication to be safe to account for misc cost, installation, etc. "ball park figure"

Sounded about right to me...the roaster sold an hour later to someone else, and I have not looked into it any more since then.

Yikes!! 25' @$50 per foot!!   I think I'd better sell that IR3 sitting in my garage.  ;^)

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 02:22:01 AM »
Sounds about right to me. $100 a foot is what I was told to expect. They recommend Nordfab quick release, but there was no dealer close to me so I used a local company and got some double wall. Mine is only about 6' long but cost me several hundred dollars. I think I could have done it right and still done it cheaper, but I was trying to use a local source and, frankly, I thnk they were rather high. On the next install, I will shop around more becauase I am going to need a longer run when I move into another building.

Shep
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion