Author Topic: GCBC Pour over Pottery update  (Read 5016 times)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Re: GCBC Pour over Pottery update
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »
Would overly frequent posting be helped by Flomax?

:-X :-X
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

BoldJava

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »
Would overly frequent posting be helped by Flomax?

Just the opposite.  Flomax will cause greater posts rather than less.  Clearly a young man's question.

B|Java

BoldJava

Re: Stray Clay Pottery update
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »
JJireh'sRoaster is overly humble and not plugging his stuff.  So I will offer this unsolicited 45-second commercial. 

The Czarina and I commissioned a dozen 10-oz coffee mugs.  We drove into the depths of dark forests of Illinois yesterday to pick them up.  They are gorgeous!  Our goal this year was to keep money local, as well as gifts of "substance."  Bill and Denise's (JJ and the CzarinaBringingLight) work is original and just what the caffeine doc ordered. 

Our cups are a burgundy/brown glaze with excerpts from Hebrew Scripture, Psalm 139 (vs. 1-18), http://bible.oremus.org/?passage=Psalm+139&vnum=yes&version=nrsv, my favorite Psalm.  The soup bowl picture is about a 15 oz'er and will go to our non-drinking coffee daughter in New Mexico.

Get your orders in.  http://strayclay.com

B|Java, home safely and a very pleased Christmas gift buyer
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 09:55:03 AM by BoldJava »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 10:06:59 AM »
I have a JJ original as well, it's a keen little cup......will have more the future I'm sure.  ;)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:12:46 AM by John F »
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

jspain

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »
B/J,
Thanks for the pics! Patty and I were just saying what nice gifts! I'm clicking on their site as soon as I'm done here. Good to see your post! Jim  ;D

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »
I don't know if this would qualify as group buy or vendor but I will put it here for now :)

I may be getting Chemex FP-2 filters at whole sale price for my pottery pour overs.  Is there interest in other Chemex filters as cheap as I can sell them and not loose my shirt on shipping???
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:40:21 PM by J.Jirehs Roaster »

jspain

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2008, 06:44:09 PM »
Looking for my pottery shipment tomorrow! Can't wait! I'd love to have a pour-over then I'd be a regular for the filters!! Are you still planning on having some pour-overs available for sale?

Merry Christmas! Jim  ;D

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »
Looking for my pottery shipment tomorrow! Can't wait! I'd love to have a pour-over then I'd be a regular for the filters!! Are you still planning on having some pour-overs available for sale?

Merry Christmas! Jim  ;D

We have been dabbling with a couple of stands.. one is a wrapped wire that is pictured some were on this site and the otheris a wood box or crate that allows us to do a gift basket with coffee, biscotti, fluff and stuff..

I will keep you up too date as the real thing starts rolling.. .. also working on a two, three, and four cone station for farmers markets or rustic coffee shops  (all the wood stuff will be sealed with food safe butcher block wood sealer)