Author Topic: Moving up - roaster update  (Read 1393 times)

Offline shep

• Standard User
Moving up - roaster update
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:05:26 AM »
Since so many of you have been kind enough to help me keep an eye out for a larger roaster, I just wanted to say "thanks" and let you know that I have found one. The deal is tentative right now and should be finalized by early to mid November when our schedules allow. I am trading a Florida roaster my YM2 for his YM10, along with a little boot of course! Sorry, that means my machine will not be for sale!

I really struggled with the decision, as things in my life are so uncertain. Moving is still not completely out of the question. Finally, I decided my life might never be certain, and I definitely can't have too many weeks like I did this week, roasting over 40 hours!

Just yesterday someone asked me how business was going. I chuckled and said, "Better than expected. In fact, I never actually expected it to work. I was just playing around! Now I'm going to have to take it serious!" I just finished stocking a new store and thought I'd share a few photos. My wife helped me deliver and fill 300 lbs worth of coffee yesterday. All the red tags you see in the photos are my bins, 15 so far.

Shep
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 02:10:09 PM by shep »
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion

Sonny

Re: Moving up - roaster update
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:10:38 PM »
Congrats to you!  Looks like you stumbled on from nice hobby to business.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 01:43:18 PM »
Congratulations Shep ... may this provide you with the certain future you seek.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Pyment

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »
The visual is great! Congrats!

BTW, I have a niece in Indianapolis. How does she get your coffee?

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 03:58:15 PM »
The visual is great! Congrats!

BTW, I have a niece in Indianapolis. How does she get your coffee?

She could get it from my website, www.btownbeans.com, however, I have to admit that I have not done a good job keeping the coffee offering list current. I need to work on that while I have a little spare time. If she would just email me at jshep@btownbeans.com I would see to it that she got her hands on some. Hopefully, in the next few months, she will be able to go into the two Indianapolis Whole Foods stores and purchase my coffee. That is my latest endeavor.

Shep
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion