Author Topic: Nemox Lux  (Read 1278 times)

Offline rfeuker

• Standard User
  • Some problems only coffee can fix.
Nemox Lux
« on: October 23, 2008, 11:25:30 AM »
I see refurbished Nemox Lux available on e-bay for $99.  Just bought a Rancilio Sylvia and am looking to upgrdae to a better espresso grinder.  Anyone have thoughts on the Lux?

Bob
Bob Feuker

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Nemox Lux
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »
What are you upgrading from?  Lux is a lower end grinder but from all accounts I heard is capable of producing crema on a half decent machine ... such as your Sylvia.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

thejavaman

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 01:29:07 PM »
I have a Nemox Lux and I think it's a very good, entry-level espresso grinder.  It can choke my Carezza on a 1 - .5 setting and I haven't had a single problem with mine in over 2 years.  I'd jump on it for $99 if I were you.

Offline rfeuker

• Standard User
  • Some problems only coffee can fix.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 04:27:47 PM »
I'm upgrading from a Solis Maestro.  Used it today for my first pull on the Silvia and the results were pretty good, not outstanding.
Bob Feuker

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 11:34:08 AM »
I'm upgrading from a Solis Maestro.  Used it today for my first pull on the Silvia and the results were pretty good, not outstanding.

I would think that it should give you better results than a Maestro.  To get into the big leagues if you have some patience cruise the B&S at Coffee Geek or FleaBay oops eBay and see if a good Italian commercial used grinder turns up like a MaCap, Rossi, Mazzer to La Cimbali.  I picked up a La Cimbali Junior for $225.00 with delivery and it was probably the best money I spend to date on my coffee hobby.  I can put the grind fine enough to choke any machine with this baby.  The funny thing is at this price range you are looking at a used Gaggia MDF which is far inferior quality but will give you a good grind to produce the sought after crema.

Enjoy the journey!

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski