Author Topic: JudgeJava  (Read 1353 times)

doveguy1

JudgeJava
« on: November 12, 2008, 08:39:30 PM »

Pyment

Re: JudgeJava
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 05:10:45 AM »
No experience with them. I asked and they are made in Turkey by a manufacturer I have never heard of.

I would stay away. Their prices are not much better than more well known makers.

what are you looking for in a roaster. Having recently looked at most of them, I could point you somewhere.

In fact, I know of a local (WI) roaster that is selling his 5K roaster. Recently rebuilt and ready to roll. It is selling for a great price. I think it's still available.  With the current economy, I expect used roasters won't be moving like they were.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:15:07 AM by Pyment »

Pyment

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:32:16 AM »
I guess I didn't fully answer the original question. I am thinking you saw this roaster on Ebay, There are some roasters there that actually sound pretty good. Toper and Has Garanti have good reps. Both are Made in Turkey. I have the feeling that older Toper's were not as good as current models. the guy selling them has a good rep.

when I was looking, the dollar was lower than current prices, so I stuck to looking at used or US built roasters. The smaller roasters, retain value better than larger ones. It seems the 2-3K roasters sell much faster.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:37:57 AM by Pyment »

doveguy1

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 05:05:12 PM »
I am just dreaming , seemed a little cheap so I don't know, guess not

Pyment

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 08:26:12 PM »
If you keep looking there is the occasional great deal.

If the dollar continues to improve and things aren't selling, prices could come down.

All of the Roasters that are kind of there all the time are made in Turkey. Based on rep it would go Has Garanti, Toper, Ozturk,

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 04:49:56 AM »
No experience with them. I asked and they are made in Turkey by a manufacturer I have never heard of.

I would stay away. Their prices are not much better than more well known makers.

what are you looking for in a roaster. Having recently looked at most of them, I could point you somewhere.

In fact, I know of a local (WI) roaster that is selling his 5K roaster. Recently rebuilt and ready to roll. It is selling for a great price. I think it's still available.  With the current economy, I expect used roasters won't be moving like they were.

I think you are right about the impact the current economy will have on the roaster market. In the past two months I have seen more used machines available than ever before. Frankly, I would not want to be a roaster manufacturer right now either.

Shep
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion

Pyment

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 05:43:28 AM »
The Turkish roasters that are built to order should respond more quickly to changes in the dollar.

I see that Toper prices have gone down since I last looked at them (only on there Ebay items - prices haven't been updated on their website).

Ozturk is willing to take offers, but are listed at higher prices than Toper. You probably would do better through their website.

You would have to contact Has Garanti through their website (espressoonline) to get current prices on their roasters.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:45:01 AM by Pyment »