Author Topic: Roaster tips and tricks  (Read 1293 times)

Pyment

Roaster tips and tricks
« on: November 13, 2008, 05:01:22 AM »
No I am not offering any.

There are already tips in here for various roasters. I am asking if making a thread for each using threads already here. It would make it easier for people who are looking for tips on a particular roaster. It also makes it easier for accumulation of what we know about each roaster in one place that can be added to as people figure out new techniques.

is this something people would find useful?

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Re: Roaster tips and tricks
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:46:51 AM »
I have been wanting to start a SC/TO Q&A thread for a while. I have been using mine for a couple of months now and each roast seems to get better and better, but I could always use tricks, tips, and hints that will further improve my roasts. I think roaster-specific threads would be great.

Dale

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
I think this would be a great idea... It would be a copy of the Green Coffee Cooperative site.. But I believe there is more information given on Green Coffee Buying Club than theirs....  I've learned a lot from reading all the great info on roasting here and other stuff pertaining to the coffee world.

http://www.greencoffee.coop/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=40

I dont see whats so great about the green coop they never have beans for sale/auction.  I guess its a different forum set up.

you may need to log into the site to see what I mean...

just my two cents

Dale

Pyment

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 10:05:13 AM »
I didn't find a SC/TO thread so if you start oneI can sticky it if you can't.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »
No I am not offering any.

There are already tips in here for various roasters. I am asking if making a thread for each using threads already here. It would make it easier for people who are looking for tips on a particular roaster. It also makes it easier for accumulation of what we know about each roaster in one place that can be added to as people figure out new techniques.

is this something people would find useful?

I would love to see it and I am willing to help look for relevant posts in existing threads...  I am pretty stable in my roasting technique (no master by far) but it is a pain (as a newb) digging through the past for little nuggets

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 09:00:27 AM »
I didn't find a SC/TO thread so if you start oneI can sticky it if you can't.

Thread created.

I can't sticky it, so I will leave that up to you. ;D

Pyment

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 11:06:33 AM »
got it!