Author Topic: HOMEmade CoOler  (Read 1512 times)

doveguy1

HOMEmade CoOler
« on: November 13, 2008, 07:53:50 PM »
home made cooller, stuff that was arroung the house

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Re: HOMEmade CoOler
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 07:58:28 PM »
home made cooller, stuff that was arroung the house

that is CoOl   ;D

For me half the fun of this game is the junk I get to morph into coffee roasting junk....

milowebailey

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:18:18 PM »
Doveguy

I'm old..... can you post a larger photo.  I'm interested in seeing what you've done!!

Getting old sucks... ;D

Maybe offer a list of materials, instructions step by step stuff....

Peter may learn something here..... lol
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 09:19:50 PM by milowebailey »

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 06:19:40 AM »
That cool Doveguy. I agree with milowebailey; larger pics would be nice ;D

I am currently using a cooler made from a cut up plastic cat litter tub and aluminum screen and a small box fan I bought at Walmart. Cools a pound in about 2 minutes or less.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 08:58:35 AM »
Peter may learn something here..... lol

peter has already invented the world's best bean cooler.

That is, until he can actually see doveguy's.   ;D
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Monito

• Distributor
  • I have 4 coffee Roasters and I don't collect them!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 09:15:24 AM »
peter has already invented the world's best bean cooler.

That is, until he can actually see doveguy's.   ;D
You haven't seen Monito's cooler, it cools 3 lbs of coffee in about 1 minute to less then room temperature.

I'll get pictures...

-pat

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 10:35:09 AM »
Cooling the beans is easy.  Cooling the beans and collecting all the chaff is a bit more difficult...

My prototype chaff cyclone was disconnected the other night when I roasted 26 batches by TurboCrazy (it was way too windy for the drum).  I tracked so much chaff into the house that MrsBW actually chewed me out, which rarely happens as she is pretty thick-skinned about the whole coffee thing.  Most of the chaff actually fell off of my body, and wasn't carried in by my feet.  I was using my 5 gallon bucket with the spatter screen and stove vent fan, which will normally cool a 20oz batch in under a minute, but the hood with the line to the cyclone and the shopvac was off so the roasting shed took a good dusting of chaff over the course of the evening.  I forgot how bad that used to get before I set up the cyclone.

Roasting Realtor

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 11:44:50 AM »
Cooling the beans is easy.  Cooling the beans and collecting all the chaff is a bit more difficult...

My prototype chaff cyclone was disconnected the other night when I roasted 26 batches by TurboCrazy (it was way too windy for the drum).  I tracked so much chaff into the house that MrsBW actually chewed me out, which rarely happens as she is pretty thick-skinned about the whole coffee thing.  Most of the chaff actually fell off of my body, and wasn't carried in by my feet.  I was using my 5 gallon bucket with the spatter screen and stove vent fan, which will normally cool a 20oz batch in under a minute, but the hood with the line to the cyclone and the shopvac was off so the roasting shed took a good dusting of chaff over the course of the evening.  I forgot how bad that used to get before I set up the cyclone.

A picture of your set-up would be most enlightening.

doveguy1

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 06:30:20 PM »
I will need to reshoot it that one goes to hell when you try to enlage it . It is just a box fun with a screen type pizza pan some old wood I had to get away from the plastic fan and an old payio table that the glass broke on. Plan on making it bigger in a keg with some how to bag it out the side. It works very well with about a pound and a 1/2, thanks guys