Coffee Discussion boards > Hardware & Equipment

SC/TO Profiles / Q&A / Tips & Tricks

<< < (2/145) > >>

SusanJoM:
Question about my UFO/TO project.

I spent a drizzly morning combing through wet and nasty bits at the salvage yard and the narrowest strip of still bendable aluminum I could find was 3".  Has anyone used this for a spacer?  Will it keep the roaster from getting hot enough? 

I see that Peter uses 1". 
Tex recommended 2".
Springform pans are usually 3".

What say you????
Should I pursue finding a narrower bit????

Susan

Tex:

--- Quote from: SusanJoM on February 13, 2009, 12:54:43 PM ---...at the salvage yard and the narrowest strip of still bendable aluminum I could find was 3"...

--- End quote ---

Find the nearest Ace Hardware store, Susan. They carry all sort of metal goodies - pick up a 1/16" x 2" x 4' piece of aluminum bar stock (~$6). They'll also have the 6 mm wing-nut you'll need, plus the nuts & bolts for holding the chaff ejector open (I use a short spring to keep the chute open - it slips over the screw).

SusanJoM:

--- Quote from: Tex on February 13, 2009, 01:17:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: SusanJoM on February 13, 2009, 12:54:43 PM ---...at the salvage yard and the narrowest strip of still bendable aluminum I could find was 3"...

--- End quote ---

Find the nearest Ace Hardware store, Susan. They carry all sort of metal goodies - pick up a 1/16" x 2" x 4' piece of aluminum bar stock (~$6). They'll also have the 6 mm wing-nut you'll need, plus the nuts & bolts for holding the chaff ejector open (I use a short spring to keep the chute open - it slips over the screw).

--- End quote ---

Okay, okay, okay.....
back out into the rain....
Yucko...

Susan

peter:
Aluminum yardsticks are a good (inexpensive) way to go.

I strongly suggest mounting the spacer to your SC so that the ends overlap, but spring shut.  That way you get the choice of having it open to let chaff and heat out, but also can close it to keep heat in.  Just make sure you check the direction of the TO circulation so that the spacer/chaff ejector opens the right way to scoop the chaff out when open.

SusanJoM:

--- Quote from: peter on February 13, 2009, 06:04:14 PM ---Aluminum yardsticks are a good (inexpensive) way to go.

--- End quote ---

which must mean that 36" is long enough to make the circumference ....

hmmmmm....
okay then....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version