Author Topic: I think I got a buy  (Read 1652 times)

doveguy1

I think I got a buy
« on: February 04, 2009, 07:43:37 PM »

Description (revised)   

Item Specifics - Item Condition 
Condition:  New   

New Von Weise AC gearmotor 1/30 HP.

Reversible by switching red and blue leads. Use 10 mfd cap in circuit shown on diagram.

Has .311 diameter flatted shaft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He has more http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220355505401&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=220354970048&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4

Shipping and handling

Offline 7over

• Standard User
  • I'd rather fight, than switch!
Re: I think I got a buy
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »
1/30th of a horse? hmm.... is that going to be enough? How many lbs of beans are you wanting to turn?
The motor I got on e-bay was 1/4 horsepower...it's overkill as it will probably turn a side of beef! I don't know what others are using for their motors though. Maybe it's enough... if it is, I think you got a good deal for sure.

Guys? Any feedback on motor size for Doveguy's application?

Passion + Purpose. It's a beautiful thing.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 01:38:49 PM »
I think the torque rating is sufficient.  The .311 in. shaft size, and whether or not you're skilled enough to attach the proper capacitor might be another story.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

milowebailey

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 01:45:09 PM »
The .311 in. shaft size.

.311 ~= 5/16"

doveguy1

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 01:45:15 PM »
I think the torque rating is sufficient.  The .311 in. shaft size, and whether or not you're skilled enough to attach the proper capacitor might be another story.

The capacitor is no problem at all, my expience is that the gearbox go before the motor, I am think because the only bearing on the motor side is in the gear box, so thinking of working a bearing in to the deal on both ends, less stress for thr motor and the gearbox

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »
Based on discussion in the earlier thread, it looks like you obtained something that may well do the trick nicely for you.

I may have missed discussion; have you already substantially fab'd your unit?

doveguy1

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 07:06:59 PM »
I got so much going on and a just keep re thinkin and rethinking and rethinking, I am getting closse to moving a head not sure about the keg maybe fab up a steel box with the drum inside, the burners below in a steel box. Open end drum that can be dumped in a cooler, be just sit here think not much doing