Author Topic: New coffee machine  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
  • about those grandkids.......
New coffee machine
« on: July 12, 2009, 07:11:27 PM »
Gotta love craigslist!!!  I just bought a Capresso/Jura E8 for $30.  I know you purist will say that can't produce decent espresso but I wanted the convenience of an automatic machine.  So I got a good automatic espresso machine at a dirt cheap price.  I just hope that it will continue to work.

The deal was that it was giving an E8 error.  When I showed up and the man powered up the machine it worked.  We tried some beans I brought and the machine worked.  The man honored his price and I got a heck of a deal.  He had all the manuals, video, and even a new filter.  I almost felt guilty buying the machine but as he said tomorrow it may go back to the E8 error and not work. 

In any case, if this is the worse I do for $30 I will be real happy.

(having a great day in Benbrook, Texas)
Nucer B-) Money doesn't buy happiness it just make the misery of work easier

Tex

Re: New coffee machine
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 08:16:29 PM »
Hey, for $30 how could you go wrong? Even if (when?) you decide it makes crappy espresso (and it does), you'll be able to sell it at a HUGE profit on eBay.

It's always smart to try something new. Even if you learn it's not for you, you've learned a lesson. Smart move!

thejavaman

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 03:23:24 PM »
My step-dad has a JURA ENA 5 and I tested it out extensively after he got it.  It definitely won't make "purist" espresso (is there any other kind?), but it does make a very good, consistent Cafe Crema.  That's one heck of a deal for $30, Nucer....

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »
I would buy one for $30.

It's not going to pull awesome shots, but it will make a pile of tasty coffee drinks if you work with it.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Tex

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 06:04:59 PM »
I would buy one for $30.

It's not going to pull awesome shots, but it will make a pile of tasty coffee drinks if you work with it.

Best of all - when you sell it, it'll pay for a lot of green beans!  ;D

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
  • about those grandkids.......
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 04:42:15 AM »
Agreed it doesn't make the G-d shot but for a fast morning drink it will do the job.  I am drinking an Americano which is good but again not great.  The machine is easy to use and a good way to introduce the wife to an espresso machine.  I am sure that I will step up eventually but for now I am happy.

BTW I called Jura and they say that if I clean it and am gentle with the mahcine it should keep working.  It is as I suspect a cleaning problem which I have taken care of.  So to all I raise my cup and say have a great day!

(happy in Benbrook, Texas) >:D
Nucer B-) Money doesn't buy happiness it just make the misery of work easier

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 04:56:27 AM »
Given my limited perusal of these fine forums, I have to say that is one of the best deals I've thus far seen.