Coffee Discussion boards > Hardware & Equipment

Tuning a Gaggia consumer espresso machine for proper brew pressure & temperature

<< < (2/13) > >>

Tex:

--- Quote from: grover on April 04, 2010, 04:17:42 PM ---I got sick of waiting for a Gaggia to turn up in our local CR market so I bought one off of ebay (from whole lotta love?) From the initial post here I thought the "baby" would have the adjustable OPV but now looking at the parts diagram for the "new baby" I see it may not....Darn it! Which OPV would I replace it with? I think it has a plastic valve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400111035328&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123  

I think it would have been a decent deal if it would have only needed to be PID'd....I don't do the milk thing so I don't need the silvia steam wand.....at least for now.

--- End quote ---

Replace this part:                             with this part:

Simple swap out of OEM parts.

grover:
Thanks Again Tex! :)      Should I remove item 60 (the plastic 11 bar valve) or just leave that there?

Tex:

--- Quote from: grover on April 04, 2010, 05:36:27 PM ---Thanks Again Tex! :)      Should I remove item 60 (the plastic 11 bar valve) or just leave that there?

--- End quote ---

I'd leave it in place, "Ain't broke, don't fix it."

Tex:
And to kick things up a notch, let's throw in temp management.

mp:
That is incredible ... you are Mr. PID!

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version