Start Here > Announcements and Info

Coffee and Site Update

(1/3) > >>

Ascholten:
Good Evening Everyone:

Wow has time gone by here!  Hopefully everyone is doing well and enjoying their coffees!

Let me give you all a bit of an update on what is going on here lately and very soon.

This year started pretty rotten for me.  First day of the year I broke my left foot, then followed by Planters Faschiitis in my other foot to 'even out the fun'.  Throw in the other usual ailments that visit when you get old and welcome to middle age!

Prostate issues, which fortunately the treatments were very mild and everything appears fine,  friends dying,  truck breaking down, you get the idea.

I have not been here nearly as much as I want to be, I need to be, and well basically, I feel like I have let many of you down over the past few months.

For that I apologize and am working on getting everything back on track here and back to the way it SHOULD be running!!  Im not going to lie, Ive been in kind of a funk the last month and am trying to get back on track and get OUT from under everything that just dropped on top of me here.

With all that being said.

My current inventory is very low BUT.. that is about to change here VERY QUICKLY !!

I have a dozen bags of coffee sitting in my living room right now, (including decaf!!) waiting to be roasted cupped and put up for sale and 4 more coming in Monday I'll pick them up.

Hint:  (*The BOOS are BACK !!)   There are not a heck of a lot of bags of them this year so I have a few on loose reserve, pending my cupping and if they pan out real good like they were a few years back, I'll lock the bags down to keep us thru the rest of the year.

UPS has been having some minor issues here,  they updated some stuff here,and somehow my 'list' of members address (which THEY STORE NOT ME) most of it went away, so it takes a little longer to do each order now as that gets rebuilt.  There are some other minor issues with them and some address' not being recognized correctly, which has resulted in some lost packages and a few returns AFTER it made it there and they decided not to deliver!!  >:D >:(

The good news is, EVERY order up to this point, with the exception of 2 individuals whom I am working with now is ON IT's WAY!

Both the post office and UPS jacked their prices up again, some of them WAY UP!   It looks thankfully that thru my contract with the UPS, that I should not be affected by that and will be able to keep my prices the SAME for shipping to you.

I am also about to pull the trigger on offering 30 Lb shipments as well.  I found a reliable source of good boxes that are NOT way oversized (meaning you WON'T pay 5 to 7 extra dollars to ship them !!), and UPS said they would honor them still under my current pricing structure so the price for them is not going to be a stupid big jump.   I have sent a few out and am waiting on feedback to see how they fared the trip.  (See THIS is important!!, for example the post office says you can send up to 70 LBS in their little flat rate box.  Have you EVER seen what those things end up looking like with even 30 Lbs in them after the trip,and how much stuff gets lost out of the tears they end up with?? !!)  If the boxes are not surviving the trip I will NOT offer them!  So far they are looking very good for us so stay tuned for a 30 Lb shipping offer now as well.

I am going to probably expand on some storage containers, ie bags, and possibly plastic gallon containers and maybe even french press' and little things to help people with their coffee journey.  (Think, sort of poor mans all in 1 packages for christmas presents!!  Here's a french press, a 3 oz shot glass to measure, and some beans to begin your journey... YOU supply the grinder as those are very personal choices just like the roasters are!)

I will NOT be announcing every new coffee as it hits the street,you'd all want to hang me after about the 5th or 6th mass mailing so what I will do instead is put an Index sheet on the top of the Available thread, and you can check that entire thread daily and see the new stuff as I drop it.  I'll push for putting out one or two new a day until they are all posted.

Now Obviously, it's going to take about a week for them to start showing, I have to roast them, and they will need a bit of time to rest, the Eth's this can be a week alone for them, We know how they behave  8)

With this all being said.  Expect things to 'Explode' around the 4th of July  ;D :angel:

So, keep an eye up for here and be ready for some new and wow coffee's coming your way  very soon here.

if you have any suggestions, complaints, bitches, gripes, comments,  please by all means, POST THEM !!!

This IS still a Forum and we STILL welcome conversation!!

Thank you all for sticking around and you are absolutely appreciated even though I sometimes can't be here 24/7 to let you know.  :heart:

Aaron

jukeboxgraduate:
Raising a mug of home roast coffee in your honor Aaron! Glad you are doing better!

30# boxes!?!?!   Yes please!

Stay strong (health and coffe!)

Colleen

javagirl:
Aaron, It is good to hear from you, and that your rotten year and funk are behind you.  It sounds like you are back to the energized Aaron we all know and appreciate so much.  Can't wait for the 'Boos' coming up.  Best of everything to you, Javagirl

Trudy:
Thanks for the update Aaron! You have to take care of number one, and once you are good there, you can focus on helping others. Thank you for keeping the coffee club moving along and looking out for us as far as shipping prices, boxes, and coffees go. You are a rare breed! You have my gratitude and prayers.

thanks,
Trudy

compaddict:
Glad you are back up and running!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version