Vendor Discussion Boards > old Traveling road shows

Travelling Road Show: Walkure Karlsbad Porcelain Coffee Maker

<< < (2/2)

headchange4u:
BTW,

Shipping is free and sending me payment as a gift avoids PayPal fees. With 10 people that's only $8 each.

RobertL:
Here are a couple of things I will note about the Karlsbad. First are the positives it seems to be more forgiving on grind size compared to the Kone/Chemex. Also the Karlsbad does not require using a pouring kettle I typically pour directly out of my Pino no fancy pour technique required. It will fill up the top chamber if you pour too fast as seen in the video from Seattle Coffee Gear. Now for the negatives preheating requires a little more effort I usually fill the kettle with hot water and let it sit. Then I run hot tap water over the top chamber and the small piece used to disperse the water.  Clean up is fairly easy except the filter element can get a few coffee particles trapped in it. Neither are a big deal but note worthy overall I would have kept this if I did not have the Chemex/Kone. 

Joe:
This looks like the same concept as the Swiss gold one cupper or the Freiling now version. Very interesting. Has anyone kept one of these?

Ascholten:
I don't recall the swiss gold one cupper ever being offered in ceramic however I do have several of the one cuppers still.

My concern with the ceramic is the coffee eventually will deposit oils and stuff in there that needs to be cleaned and no slushing around in hot water may not cut it, nor soaking in coffee pot cleaner.  May need to use ultrasonic but what is that going to do to the ceramic over time?

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version