Coffee Discussion boards > RKDrums-GCBC forum

Hottop or Behmor

(1/3) > >>

Nucer:
The old Hottop (16 years old) is finally getting to the point of being retired.  So which one should I buy?  Price is a consideration!

(From Kissimmee, Florida)

Ps yes I moved with the wife

RobertL:
I say Hottop! Check the BST forum somebody is selling a gently used Hottop for a decent price. For a fellow Texan and nice guy like yourself they might even be willing to negotiate the price.  ;) 8)

Ascholten:
I havent used the modded / newer behmor so can't speak for how they are now.  The old ones were pretty robust.  Customer service on them, I have contacted customer service a few times in the past with some questions and never heard back from them, your mileage may differ.  The hot top, I honestly can't give any real input on since I have not used one.

The prices now, they both do about the same capacity, I think the Hot Top is probably a bit better equipped for back to back to back roasting over the Behmor.  The hot top has more maintenance though.  Back to price, those things compared, the Behmor is significantly cheaper.

Aaron

RobertL:
Even if I weren't selling a Hottop right now I would still recommended it over the Behmor. The main reasons are the control, ability to monitor real roast temperatures and better cooling capability.

Ascholten:
Also, it probably will have a better life expectancy in the long run as well when price is compared to years it lasts.  I honestly have not heard too many unhappy hot top owners, behmor now, that's another story.

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version