Coffee Discussion boards > RKDrums-GCBC forum

Hottop or Behmor

<< < (3/3)

Dante:

--- Quote from: Ray Settanta on August 18, 2016, 07:27:48 AM ---What models are the Hottops?

--- End quote ---

They are Hottop Basics, Ray. I hope to revive them at some point. I am also considering the Huky, which might require less maintenance than the Hottop.

foreRB:
I've been roasting for about 10 years, albeit on primitive DIY roasters (2). The first one was similar to the Behmor, but maybe before Behmor was available? Both drum roasters, but smoke, sound and smell was all I could go by. About a month ago I bought a Hottop and the coffee is infinitely more complex. Example: During the ramp to first crack I heard the fan come on for 10 seconds, checked the manual and it is designed to remove humidity from the drum???.Wow!. The batch sizes are smaller and the maintenance is more, but the coffee's worth it. 

ray settanta:

--- Quote from: Dante on August 18, 2016, 07:24:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ray Settanta on August 18, 2016, 07:27:48 AM ---What models are the Hottops?

--- End quote ---

They are Hottop Basics, Ray. I hope to revive them at some point. I am also considering the Huky, which might require less maintenance than the Hottop.

--- End quote ---

I am cleaning and repairing an 8828 P. In case you don't know, the hottop website has invaluable information and great videos on troubleshooting and repairing the roaster. Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version