Coffee Discussion boards > RKDrums-GCBC forum

Hottop or Behmor

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dante:
I have two Hottops that are not working in my basement. I tried trouble shooting both but I'm out of ideas at this point. I've changed the circuit board, and all the replaceable parts of both units, to no avail. They are dead. I have been using one of them for maybe ten years, and the other one for about 8 until they stopped working maybe two years ago. I have a Sonofresco that is as old as the first Hottop but is still running well. My two cents on the Hottop.

No experience with the Behmor.

Thanks.

ray settanta:
What models are the Hottops?

Flobo:
If it were me and I wasn't in the market to spend on a HT I'd revisit SC/TO.

I saw a new turbo oven for sale in a Home Depot and immediately felt an urge to grab it even as I have no use for one....old habit.  8)

hankua:
My vote is for the Behmor; roasts more coffee and 1/3 the price. Hottop and Quest M3 are close in price, Quest gets the nod between the two from what I've read from owners. Used Quests come up for sale ocassionally which can save if you get one that's not ragged out.

brianmch:
I have used a Behmor for the last 18 months.  It is okay but has three/four critical shortcomings IMO:

1-No bean temp measurements
2-No airflow control
3-Cooling cooling cycle eliminates back to back roasts
4-Small batch size. Some may argue this but MY machine with MY power handles 227g batches the best

Plusses:
1-Can get decent roasts on it.
2-Small footprint makes it easy to store.
3-Reliable so far. 
4-Low cost means that it has more than paid for itself since i purchased it

If I were in a buying position I would go just a little further and buy a Huky or Quest. 

Amazon carries a Kaldi that is a possible mid-priced option but I don't hear much about them. 

Good luck. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version