Start Here > Announcements and Info

Exit Stage Right

(1/4) > >>

peter:
Well, here's an announcement for you, one I'm both sad and glad to make.

Many of you have noticed my lack of distributions and have inquired about the downturn.  For the last couple of years, almost 3 now, I've been officially retired in terms of drawing a pension, social security, and other retirement income.  And, concurrently, a lifelong work culminated, the work of perfecting my lazy streak.  Distributing coffee here for at least a dozen years has been wonderful in so many ways - the friendships developed, the satisfaction of finding great coffee at good prices, getting to know the other distributors as well as a few importers - but it's not so wonderful in the effort and energy required (which are getting more and more scarce, especially following my heart surgery in '18).  I thought I could just do partial bags, i.e., get a few bags, keep half for my roasted-coffee customers and share the other half w/ some of you, but even that doesn't make sense when you see the hassle it is at tax time to justify the time spent doing a business-related tax filing for the minuscule income generated.  So, I decided in Jan. of this year to just call it quits.

Thanks to all for participating in this great forum.  Thanks for the kindness and patience extended to me.  Long live the Green Coffee Buying Club!

Ascholten:
We are absolutely sorry to see you go Peter but understand perfectly your situation.

Don't be a stranger !!  Just because you decided not to distribute coffee anymore does not mean your inputs, knowledge and general presence in the forum is not wanted !!

You are always welcome here, and we hope to see you still hanging around in the chat, and well.... everything !!  Besides schlupping beans :D

Take care Peter

Aaron

peter:
Thanks, Aaron.  I still check the forum daily to see what's going on.

ptrmorton:
It has been a while coming and I'm sad to see it happen, but I'm thankful for all the friendship, wisdom and fine coffee beans you've provided over the years.  Take care and God bless.

brianmch:
Thanks for all you've done for us here Peter.  Hope you are enjoying the next phase. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version