Author Topic: Exit Stage Right  (Read 2560 times)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Exit Stage Right
« on: August 12, 2022, 05:47:04 PM »
Well, here's an announcement for you, one I'm both sad and glad to make.

Many of you have noticed my lack of distributions and have inquired about the downturn.  For the last couple of years, almost 3 now, I've been officially retired in terms of drawing a pension, social security, and other retirement income.  And, concurrently, a lifelong work culminated, the work of perfecting my lazy streak.  Distributing coffee here for at least a dozen years has been wonderful in so many ways - the friendships developed, the satisfaction of finding great coffee at good prices, getting to know the other distributors as well as a few importers - but it's not so wonderful in the effort and energy required (which are getting more and more scarce, especially following my heart surgery in '18).  I thought I could just do partial bags, i.e., get a few bags, keep half for my roasted-coffee customers and share the other half w/ some of you, but even that doesn't make sense when you see the hassle it is at tax time to justify the time spent doing a business-related tax filing for the minuscule income generated.  So, I decided in Jan. of this year to just call it quits.

Thanks to all for participating in this great forum.  Thanks for the kindness and patience extended to me.  Long live the Green Coffee Buying Club!
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Exit Stage Right
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 06:15:27 PM »
We are absolutely sorry to see you go Peter but understand perfectly your situation.

Don't be a stranger !!  Just because you decided not to distribute coffee anymore does not mean your inputs, knowledge and general presence in the forum is not wanted !!

You are always welcome here, and we hope to see you still hanging around in the chat, and well.... everything !!  Besides schlupping beans :D

Take care Peter

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 09:13:56 AM »
Thanks, Aaron.  I still check the forum daily to see what's going on.

Offline ptrmorton

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 12:41:49 PM »
It has been a while coming and I'm sad to see it happen, but I'm thankful for all the friendship, wisdom and fine coffee beans you've provided over the years.  Take care and God bless.
AZ Peter

Proverbs 3:5-6

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 06:56:00 AM »
Thanks for all you've done for us here Peter.  Hope you are enjoying the next phase. 

Offline expy98

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 09:06:05 AM »
Oh boy, just lost a decades old drug dealer!!!  Thanks for all the highs Peter!

Offline izmarkie

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 04:30:20 PM »
Thanks for the coffee over the years, Peter, and Godspeed. Celebrate with a nice cigar!

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 09:10:30 PM »
Thank you.

Offline thcoffee

• Standard User
  • Roaster #4 RK Drum
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 06:38:19 AM »
Peter , I wish you well. Thanks for all the great coffee my wife & I have enjoyed from you . You always gave good advice & I have learned a lot from you. Take Care thcoffee...Tom & Linda Haigler

Offline woodstock

• Standard User
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2023, 06:59:39 PM »
Peter, enjoy your next steps in life.  I have definitely enjoyed the coffee you have distributed,

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2023, 09:57:38 PM »
Thanks!  I'm still roasting for friends and friends of friends, about 55#/mo., thinking as long as I'm roasting for myself I may as well help them out too.  And I still visit the forum often to keep up w/ what's going on here.  Life is pretty good, hoping to keep on the right side of the sod a little longer.

Offline bengreens

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2023, 01:03:24 PM »
Man, I have not been around much . . . trying to get through way too many greens to make room for fresh. Peter! Your offerings will be sorely missed. Your selections were impeccable and always made me happy. At least you'll still be checking in.

Ben

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2023, 04:52:48 PM »
Thanks, Ben!  I miss the action and privilege of helping to make the coffee world of all you nuts a more beautiful place.  It's always best to make changes when you want to before those changes are forced on you.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2023, 04:02:16 AM »
Peter you are always welcome to step back in and lurch a bag or two anytime, just let me know and we'll get you right up!

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2023, 05:42:57 AM »
Thank you, Aaron, that is a very kind offer.  You can't imagine what a relief that is.

Last year, I averaged about 55-60# lbs/mo. of roasted coffee sales.  I figure that if I'm going to roast for myself, then I'll put my Ambex to good use and roast for others too.  But I am cognizant of both my body and the Ambex getting older (I tell people I've rounded 3rd base...).  I still want to buy full bags to lower my costs and every time I do I think, "What happens if my roaster dies tomorrow?" or "What happens if I can't physically do the roasting?"  Knowing there's a way to clear out my green inventory to those who would enjoy it, really means a lot!