Author Topic: Postage Increase  (Read 945 times)

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Postage Increase
« on: October 06, 2022, 04:06:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone:

The Post Office went and raised rates on me AGAIN.

Fortunately this only really affects 5 Lb packages.   
Everything else Ive been using UPS and they have been keeping my prices steady so far, (which hopefully stays if my contract with them don't expire at the end of the year)

I will make the changes on FRIDAY here.   The rate will change from $13.25  to  $14.00.

At this price point, UPS will be cheaper for me now on 5 Lb boxes so I will start using them.   I anticipate a 'Holiday Price Increase' coming here real soon, BUT... since I am using UPS and NOT USPS, we should not have to play that game with them.   >:D

Starting this Friday, shipping will be by UPS for everything except the following.

Hawaii and Alaska packages will still be shipped by USPS.
Territorial packages will still be shipped by USPS, (ie PR, VI, etc.)
Canadian and Overseas packages will still be shipped by USPS.

I apologize for this and am waiting to hear back from FedEx here to see if I can get some  sort of compete with them .vs. Big Brown to see if we can hopefully bring costs down a bit but with the way things are going, Id not hold my breath.

Thank you everyone.
Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Postage Increase
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 07:17:56 PM »
ATTENTION:

SPent some time with USPS, and went over my contract.

They made me an offer where I can keep the price the same and use UPS instead of USPS.

So NO the post office is NOT changing you an extra dollar.
We are moving to UPS and keeping the price the same.

I was not aware they'd accept certain types of packaging and how they'd treat it.

So NO increases.

Thankyou
Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!