Author Topic: Have you mastered the espresso machine variables?  (Read 9229 times)

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
Re: Ya mess with da bull ya gets da horn!
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »
Make sure you spell it right.

P e t e r.

;-)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2011, 09:31:23 PM »
Can we pulleeez leave me out of this and get back to that scale DVD.  Stop hijacking this thread and stick to how to weigh cell phones while pulling shots.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2011, 10:10:34 PM »
Stay tuned as we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Coffee Talk
Our topic of the day: Guatemala wet processed... neither wet nor processed.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

EricBNC

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2011, 04:49:08 AM »
I would like to get back on topic too - sorry to the OP, but with all the helpful tips we have to share it is easy to get sidetracked.  I have taken to printing these posts to put in my scrapbook because they are so helpful and colorful. The scrapbook project would go faster if I could find more goat pictures though, since that is the theme.

Back on topic: How many shots can you pull before changing out the coffee in the portafilter?

Tex

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2011, 05:10:59 AM »
I would like to get back on topic too - sorry to the OP, but with all the helpful tips we have to share it is easy to get sidetracked.  I have taken to printing these posts to put in my scrapbook because they are so helpful and colorful. The scrapbook project would go faster if I could find more goat pictures though, since that is the theme.

Back on topic: How many shots can you pull before changing out the coffee in the portafilter?

Depends on whether one's doing frou-frou or real coffee, doesn't it? If the milk is the featured ingredient I don't see why one would need to change the coffee too often.

GC7

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2011, 05:20:40 AM »
The first post or two had me going, then I figured out what was going down. I decided to let it run its course, taking notes the whole while - figuring what's good for the goosed will be even better for the gooser! >:D

I answered your question in a succinct and honest manner. You wanted more? We have seen this same lecture numerous times before so given the title I thought you were starting another version of the famous Jerry Seinfeld episode "Master of your domain" about who among their small group of friends could refrain from masturbation the longest. I lost with the fewest words!  >:D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:22:41 AM by GC7 »

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2011, 08:24:16 AM »
The first post or two had me going, then I figured out what was going down. I decided to let it run its course, taking notes the whole while - figuring what's good for the goosed will be even better for the gooser! >:D

I answered your question in a succinct and honest manner. You wanted more? We have seen this same lecture numerous times before so given the title I thought you were starting another version of the famous Jerry Seinfeld episode "Master of your domain" about who among their small group of friends could refrain from masturbation the longest. I lost with the fewest words!  >:D

Of course, in that vein, I need to reply as I first replied; right out of the box.   ;)

Tex

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »

Of course, in that vein, I need to reply as I first replied; right out of the box.   ;)

Out of the box is fine; in fact I knew lots of guys who used to borrow mama's Chevy Impala and go cruising for chicks. Me, I'd roll out my built-from-scratch Chevy II Yenko-clone and go racing for pink slips, then go take the boy's chicks away from them. >:D

It's all good! ;D

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:43:23 AM by Tex »

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2011, 08:44:06 AM »

Of course, in that vein, I need to reply as I first replied; right out of the box.   ;)

Out of the box is fine; in fact I knew lots of guys who used to borrow mama's Chevy Impala and go cruising for chicks. Me, I'd roll out my built-from-scratch Chevy II Grumpy-clone and go racing for pink slips, then go take the boy's chicks away from them. >:D

It's all good! ;D

Amazing how the senile mind works, isn't it?  You can't remember what was for dinner last night, but you can remember stuff from 50 years ago, and embellish it to boot.

Tex

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2011, 09:01:24 AM »

Out of the box is fine; in fact I knew lots of guys who used to borrow mama's Chevy Impala and go cruising for chicks. Me, I'd roll out my built-from-scratch Chevy II Grumpy-clone and go racing for pink slips, then go take the boy's chicks away from them. >:D

It's all good! ;D

Amazing how the senile mind works, isn't it?  You can't remember what was for dinner last night, but you can remember stuff from 50 years ago, and embellish it to boot.

Embellish? Texicans don't embellish, ever!

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2011, 09:12:19 AM »
Oh no, not the "I built my own hot rods and therefore out of the box solutions are lame" thing again.

Tex

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »
Oh no, not the "I built my own hot rods and therefore out of the box solutions are lame" thing again.

Not lame, just not my cup of tea. I want the fun of the journey, not just getting to the destination.  

Like I said, it's all good as long as you get what you want. 8)

edited: Honestly, I raced for pinks just once. I won, but I was scared shitless I was going to lose & have to ride RTD for a month or so 'til I could scare up enough cash for a beater. Racing for cases of beer was a lot smarter! ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:03:30 AM by Tex »

Pyment

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »

It's all good! ;D

That's why I thought including the word "Bull" in the title of this thread was a good idea.

Tex

Re: Ya mess with da bull ya gets da Bull's horn!
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2011, 10:21:18 AM »

Of course, in that vein, I need to reply as I first replied; right out of the box.   ;)

It's all good! ;D

Amazing how the senile mind works, isn't it?  You can't remember what was for dinner last night, but you can remember stuff from 50 years ago, and embellish it to boot.

That's why I thought including the word "Bull" in the title of this thread was a good idea.

I added it like you said, but it looks redundant? ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:50:31 AM by Pyment »

EricBNC

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2011, 10:40:57 AM »

Depends on whether one's doing frou-frou or real coffee, doesn't it? If the milk is the featured ingredient I don't see why one would need to change the coffee too often.
Oh, it's real coffee - the French vanilla flavor is starting to fade though so I thought I would add some more next time I clean it. I made sure I set the dial to espresso on the grinder at Safeway so I know I am on track too once I get that scale thing down pat.