Author Topic: My new espresso machine doesn't fit :(  (Read 2470 times)

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
Re: My new espresso machine doesn't fit :(
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 08:51:48 PM »
The Parker solenoid valve thingy (pardon my hyper technical jargon) is marked with 110V so I hope that answers that question. BTW, once I replaced the inlet valve, the sight tube had water showing and plenty of flow through the hot water tap and the steam wand.

Tex, I assume the continuous button is the one which looks like a pitcher? I did not get any water through the group at all no matter which button I pushed so I'll check that T-fitting.

Turns out this thing has been leaking at the boiler/group connection for a long time and I'll have to do a little welding on this thing.

var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Tex

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 08:57:15 PM »
The Parker solenoid valve thingy (pardon my hyper technical jargon) is marked with 110V so I hope that answers that question. BTW, once I replaced the inlet valve, the sight tube had water showing and plenty of flow through the hot water tap and the steam wand.

Tex, I assume the continuous button is the one which looks like a pitcher? I did not get any water through the group at all no matter which button I pushed so I'll check that T-fitting.

Turns out this thing has been leaking at the boiler/group connection for a long time and I'll have to do a little welding on this thing.

NS groups are infamous for plugging up, so read the file I attached in an earlier post and clean the gicleur screen. I'd bet 90% of all NS flow problems can be found there.

Like I said, they make great espresso!!
2008-11-06: Nuova Simonelli Mac Digit pulling a double

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:08:09 PM by Tex »

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »
Kick the dog and slam the door! I just managed to break the brass group block while trying to take apart the solenoid! Luckily, there was enough of a stub sticking up out of the top of the group head to grab on to it with a vice-grips.  

After getting the solenoid off the gliceur screen seems like it could be partially plugged, but I could blow air through it. Could it be the Parker? How do I test it?

Edit:The viton seals inside that Parker valve nucleus seem to be hanging up inside their channel. One side didn't want to budge from the fully extended position and the other seal was stuck partially depressed. Is this typical?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:17:30 AM by grinderz »

Tex

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 12:31:14 PM »
Kick the dog and slam the door! I just managed to break the brass group block while trying to take apart the solenoid! Luckily, there was enough of a stub sticking up out of the top of the group head to grab on to it with a vice-grips.  

After getting the solenoid off the gliceur screen seems like it could be partially plugged, but I could blow air through it. Could it be the Parker? How do I test it?

Edit:The viton seals inside that Parker valve nucleus seem to be hanging up inside their channel. One side didn't want to budge from the fully extended position and the other seal was stuck partially depressed. Is this typical?

Are you talking about the 3-way valve on the side of the group? IIRC, there are two o-rings and that's it. Inside the 3-way is a piston, a spring, and a valve seat. Here's a primer on testing solenoid coils: http://www.appliance411.com/faq/test-solenoid.shtml

Now's a good time to check the flow as far as the group. Put a plastic tube on the end of the output end of the horseshoe shaped tube and put it back on the machine and start the pump. If water flows the problem's in the group. If it doesn't then the problem is in the HX or before. It's all a process of elimination. Oh, and go easy with those wrenches! ;)

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »
That diagram is a little different than the one I've got. Mine is this one: http://www.espressoparts.com/programmacmaccupmac2000grouphead
The part I was talking about is F.956.

F.956

Tex

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 08:33:18 PM »
That diagram is a little different than the one I've got. Mine is this one: http://www.espressoparts.com/programmacmaccupmac2000grouphead
The part I was talking about is F.956.

F.956

The piston in the 3-way; I don't recall ever seeing that as a separate part, but call Espresso parts and ask. I'll bet that if you ask, someone on CG or HB has a spare - I just sold a 3-way valve that would've worked.