Author Topic: Torrefattore - 1kg Roaster  (Read 2841 times)

bvillr

Re: Torrefattore - 1kg Roaster
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 03:55:39 PM »
Here is the timer arrangement, that I think lets you sort of automate the heater and the fan.  I say I think because I dont know and Im not gonna waste beans finding out.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »
Very cool looking! Why do you not just run the roaster without beans in it and play around with the buttons?

Offline Richdel

• Standard User
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 06:02:49 AM »
Thanks for the update.  Really interesting timer, not sure I have
ever seen anything like that before.

It will be interesting to see what type of support you receive from
Coffee-tech.  Please keeps us/me posted.

Thanks again, Rich.

milowebailey

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 06:46:33 AM »
Cute little fella

You should buy 20 lbs of sacrificial beans and play with it...

There is a vendor selling some old beans right now here cheap.... be worth the money and time in the long run.

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
Going to take a stab at this.   The top adjustment is the time range, now it seems to be set at 6 to 60 timeing range.  The next knob is the fine adjustment, set it at 5 and you will be in the middle of the range you selected with the top button.  Its labled "TON"  thats Time On Delay I think, its going to start someting after you start a roast, maybe the time after the roast begins till when the fan comes on.  The next two knobs adjust the delay before this is turned off, "TO OFF".  Maybe this is a post roast cool down function.   To find out what it controls set the time short on the TON and longer on the TO off and see what comes on.
Ringo
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:20:14 PM by Ringo »
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

bkborn

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 06:51:18 AM »
Hi Bvillr
 I think you got a good roaster, I have two of them and have used them both for the longest time now. I also have a Ambex 5 with profile. When I get a order of over two pounds I use my Ambex and for orders I have profile for. But for internex orders like on at a time I use my Torrefattore

alylea

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 08:35:39 PM »
I hope you didn't take my heating estimate as a negative comment.   I was only stating what I know about electric roasters.  Maybe the energy the Torrefattore stores in the massive metal girth is what is allowing this to roast the beans in a short time, but then again you said you roasted 1 lb batches.... which it should be able to do with the heat it can produce..

I'll be interested to see if it can roast a kilo in under 17 minutes.... I'm skeptical simply based on Physics.

Post some photos when you get a chance.  I'd love to see what it looks like.

My Coffee Tech Solar (2.5kg) roasts a full load including cooling in under 20mins if the ambient is above 70.