Author Topic: If I sent Miss Silvia out to pasture, what would be the best replacement?  (Read 3331 times)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
I like the idea of having both:)

That was my original plan but it became obvious quickly it would not work for me.

I'm a one machine at a time type guy...I don't know how some of you do it with so many machines.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Tex

It's like listening to either my grandpa or grandma - "Play the field, have some fun while you're young." or "You'll be lucky to find any woman who'll have you, so settle down as quick as you find one." :o

Offline expy98

• Standard User
Vivaldi has electronic temp control, but I'm not sure it's a PID? I do know the temp is adjustable in 1°C increments. This is a failing in my book, as I like to adjust temps in 1°F increments when I PID a machine.

Which is better, a finer more "consistent" starting temp or a more consistent intrashot temp? 
If you dig around for the data, intrashot temp is flatter on the Vivaldi
compared to PID E61s which fluctuates more than 1C as I recall. 

That said, I don't nec believe that's neither here nor there as there's no such thing as a perfect temp profile
and flat isn't necessary better neither.  I personally wouldn't choose one over the other based on that alone.

IMO, it's a wash, choose whichever machine you like based on other things instead.

Offline expy98

• Standard User
It's like listening to either my grandpa or grandma - "Play the field, have some fun while you're young." or "You'll be lucky to find any woman who'll have you, so settle down as quick as you find one." :o

which said which?

Tex

Vivaldi has electronic temp control, but I'm not sure it's a PID? I do know the temp is adjustable in 1°C increments. This is a failing in my book, as I like to adjust temps in 1°F increments when I PID a machine.

Which is better, a finer more "consistent" starting temp or a more consistent intrashot temp? 
If you dig around for the data, intrashot temp is flatter on the Vivaldi
compared to PID E61s which fluctuates more than 1C as I recall. 

That said, I don't nec believe that's neither here nor there as there's no such thing as a perfect temp profile
and flat isn't necessary better neither.  I personally wouldn't choose one over the other based on that alone.

IMO, it's a wash, choose whichever machine you like based on other things instead.

I always tell folks to buy whatever the Mrs will let you put on her counter!
 :-X

Tex

which said which?

I'm convinced they used to switch off, just to mess with my head?
 :o

Offline expy98

• Standard User
If the Mrs says "Breville", it's time to play the field...

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
I say get one of each and damn the consequences.

1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

I tried that, but Mrs T1 said I couldn't have a casual relationship while I was married to her! Go figure?

Offline mp

• Standard User

I tried that, but Mrs T1 said I couldn't have a casual relationship while I was married to her! Go figure?

Yeah ... but you can always google at your neighbor.

lp, 7-Ski

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
And he better stick to "googling" cause Tex's wife will clobber him for ogling.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Tex

Yeah, kraut stompers aren't known for their appreciation of the way men are.

Offline mp

• Standard User

Yeah, kraut stompers aren't known for their appreciation of the way men are.

lp, 7-Ski