Author Topic: Oompa Loompa Land?  (Read 6685 times)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Oompa Loompa Land?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »
Two double baskets....you are ready to rock!

Anyone ever make a triple basket for the Lusso? I already have a bottomless PF, so it's just begging for a deeper basket.

Ada boy Robert ... you just pulled your first shot and now you're looking at pushing the envelope.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »
I've had 3 small levers (La Pavoni, Sama - still have it, and a Gaggia Achille), and have a CMA 2 group commercial lever.... and the Gaggia Achille produces the best of all the small machines.    Sama is good, but not the same if you are used to a 59mm portafilter.  None of them are on the same plane as the CMA, not even close.

Oh crap, I agree with Tex.....

:o

Well Tex I'll pay shipping to my place and put you out of your misery! After watching your video I'd throw that sucker away!  ;)

Oh man, I'd be embarrassed to foist this POS off on anyone. But thanks for being ready to take one for the team! ;D

Tex

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 07:57:38 PM »
I've never heard of triple 45 mm baskets.  My La Peppina uses a 45 mm basket and there was some talk by certain hobbiests of trying to weld two baskets together to make a larger one, but nothing ever came of it.

I don't think you really need a triple, not so sure how well it would work anyway.

Since when do those words enter into our discussions?

Soapbox

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »
I still call dibs if you want to get rid of it.  If not I will be traveling to vanellis and picking on up directly

Tex

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 02:45:25 PM »
I still call dibs if you want to get rid of it.  If not I will be traveling to vanellis and picking on up directly

I don't know when I'll be done playing with it; probably not for many months, if ever?

Tex

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
The hot water valve leaks unless I really crank down on the knob – I’m hesitant to do this. How do I get the old Teflon valve seals off, and do you have a source for replacements?

Tex

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »

Well, 1st Line only sells the complete unit; pretty pricey stuff when I only need the Teflon seal.

milowebailey

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 12:33:20 PM »
Tex

Is it the o-rings you need?  I'd be surprised if the teflon is so bad it won't seal.  You may have crud inside...

Orphan sells the o-rings.  You might email them and see if they have the teflon washer

1st line carries the whole valve assembly

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 12:39:19 PM »
Can you flip it over?

"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Tex

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 12:41:58 PM »
Tex

Is it the o-rings you need?  I'd be surprised if the teflon is so bad it won't seal.  You may have crud inside...

Orphan sells the o-rings.  You might email them and see if they have the teflon washer

1st line carries the whole valve assembly

You can't see it in the picture, but there's a groove worn in the Teflon seal on the end of the stem, probably worn from opening and closing against the valve seat. If the leak gets worse I'll buy a new unit from 1st Line, then see if my machinist friend can work out a mod so the end can be replaced.

Tex

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 12:43:42 PM »
Can you flip it over?

It doesn't want to come out easily and I can't risk damaging it. Maybe after I break down and buy a replacement unit I'll use a bit more force.

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 12:45:16 PM »
I've never looked at it but I bet it's just pressed in and the other side is super smooth..

Just throwing that out there.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Tex

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 12:58:48 PM »
I've never looked at it but I bet it's just pressed in and the other side is super smooth..

Just throwing that out there.

The parts diagram 1st Line sent shows a different arrangement. Looks like it was originally similar to the old style faucet seal, with a screw and flat gasket.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:00:55 PM by Tex »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 01:43:19 PM »
Looks unflippable. 

Could be...there might be an indicator button/post on one side but I've seen cases where these types of washers are not made anymore and the replacement is just a flat washer.

Sooner or later one of us is going to have to remove a washer and we will know for sure then..

Lee Morrison

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
Could it be so gummed up with scale that nothing is movable?

If so would soaking it in hot water and vitamin citric acid help?

Just throwing another idea out there.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski