Author Topic: Oompa Loompa Land?  (Read 6684 times)

milowebailey

Re: Oompa Loompa Land?
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »
Can you flip it over?

It doesn't want to come out easily and I can't risk damaging it. Maybe after I break down and buy a replacement unit I'll use a bit more force.
Get out your calipers and measure the diameter.... I'll bet you can find one online somewhere.  Teflon is pretty soft.  You should be able to just pull it out with an icepick or something like it.

Tex

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 07:45:57 PM »
Get out your calipers and measure the diameter.... I'll bet you can find one online somewhere.  Teflon is pretty soft.  You should be able to just pull it out with an icepick or something like it.

Maybe, but it might be simpler to use a hollow punch and a sheet of Teflon to make my own. I just checked with McMaster-Carr and they have Teflon sheet that's been etched on one side for adhesives.

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2013, 02:33:23 PM »
Have you started changing your mind at all yet on things like shot volumes and basket sizes?
Or do you need a few more weeks?
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Tex

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2013, 03:00:34 PM »
Have you started changing your mind at all yet on things like shot volumes and basket sizes?
Or do you need a few more weeks?

I've been pulling shots of City+ Java the past couple of days, and I've concluded that when you begin with a great coffee it really doesn't matter what kind of machine you're using.

As for shot volumes - whether I'm pulling two 1 ounce shots with the Lusso or one 2 ounce shots with the Bunn, it doesn't matter as long as the results are great by my standards!

But I'd still like to try some deeper filters with the Lusso, if anyone ever finds them?