Author Topic: Baratza Grinder Jammed  (Read 4913 times)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Baratza Grinder Jammed
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 03:08:55 PM »
FWIW, I think it's a good idea to have a grinder running before putting the beans in it; it's got to be easier on the motor if the burrs are already spinning when the beans go in, that making the motor start turning the burrs and chopping beans.  Unless you're using a weed-whacker, of course, then you'd better have the lid on and beans in before starting.  :D
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »
FWIW, I think it's a good idea to have a grinder running before putting the beans in it; it's got to be easier on the motor if the burrs are already spinning when the beans go in, that making the motor start turning the burrs and chopping beans.  Unless you're using a weed-whacker, of course, then you'd better have the lid on and beans in before starting.  :D

Thanks Peter.

I will try that out from now on.

1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 03:19:09 PM »

You're referring to itzy-bitzy wussy grinders, right? Real men use grinders that can grind concrete a foot thick!

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 03:27:11 PM »

You're referring to itzy-bitzy wussy grinders, right? Real men use grinders that can grind concrete a foot thick!

lp, 7-Ski

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 03:35:42 PM »

Yeah, like that Saeco Titan you use...  itzy-bitsy wussy grinders like those. 

But I still am in the habit of starting my K10 before tossing in the beans anyway.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 04:57:43 PM »

Yeah, like that Saeco Titan you use...  itzy-bitsy wussy grinders like those. 

But I still am in the habit of starting my K10 before tossing in the beans anyway.

It worked for my wife today. I'm trying it tomorrow.

If it works I will always do this also.

:)

lp, 7-Ski

Fox65

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »
I know this is three years old topic, but my problem is a same with Maestro. I disassembled gear box and found three stripped teeth on alluminum gearwheel.
There are rebuild kits 2.0 and 2.1 on Baratza site 5http://www.baratza.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=6395
Does anyone knows what is a difference? There is no motor plate on 2.1 picture but it is listed in description. I am going to call them tomorrow, but wanted to ask if anyone did this replacement. Is anything else I should be aware of? It seems strait forward on the video...

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 07:00:58 PM »
May I suggest that you contact Baratza. They are really happy to help you out. Once they have identified which one you need they will most likely send it to you gratis.

Give them a try.

:)
lp, 7-Ski