Author Topic: Handy Brew Coffee Dripper?  (Read 818 times)

thejavaman

Handy Brew Coffee Dripper?
« on: April 19, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »
Anybody use these?  Are they better than the Clever Coffee Drippers? 

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:20:12 PM by Joe »

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Handy Brew Coffee Dripper?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 10:17:53 AM »
Funny you should ask.  A friend/customer picked up his coffee and left behind one of these Zevro Incred 'a Brew for me to play with.  I've only used it once, but think I can shed some light.

If you don't like paper filters as much as me, this would be the way to go.  From the looks of it my Zevro and the Handy Brew use the same double filter screens, and I'd have to coarsen my grind as it came close to stalling.  That's good in a way, as it shows the secondary filter is very fine.  The filters snap together and then snap into the brewer's housing as one unit.  The lid on mine fits well to hold in heat, and it snaps off to make rinsing the brewer easier.

Overall, I see no advantage to these things vs. a press pot.  This may offer a slightly cleaner cup w/ less sludge, but from a clean-up perspective, I'd give a slight nod to a press pot.  The Clever Dripper w/ a paper filter is obviously the clean-up king, and if paper is not off-putting to you that would be the way to go over the Handy Brew.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

thejavaman

Re: Handy Brew Coffee Dripper?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 10:21:46 AM »
I hate paper filters, so I think I'll like the handy brew. I agree that it's pretty much the same as a FP beside a different format obviously.

Thanks, Peter. You're a good guy.....I don't care what Dave says about you behind your back!  :)