Author Topic: Behmor Cuts Off Too Soon  (Read 5791 times)

Offline sea330

• Standard User
Re: Behmor Cuts Off Too Soon
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 10:36:02 AM »
Glad you got that in there Yak, at least 80% of the time I am able to make repairs at board level using this method.

jspain

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 02:30:16 PM »
In replacing my board I used no solder and all is well!

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 06:49:32 AM »
Ok. I need some help. I received the new board but I'm doubtful of my ability to install it. I'm not good with my hands and can't make heads or tails of schematics. Is it just a matter of detaching clips and screws, switching out the board and reattaching everything?

If anyone lives in Massachusetts or New Hampshire, maybe I could visit with my roaster.

Offline sea330

• Standard User
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 07:28:53 AM »
If your not confident in changing the board, you should take it to a appliance repair shop, you need to take precaution with static on boards with ICs, here in Arizona i use a antistatic wrist band because the humidity is so low easy to zap a board, but if your in an area with high humidity you don't need to take that much care other then discharge your self to ground.

Ray T

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »
Grab a screw driver and follow the instructions to take the right hand panel off and see if your up to it . You need to need do this maintenance yearly anyway if you want the machine to last,not catch on fire ect.  ;)
http://www.behmor.com/docs/Manual_Update_3.1-Interior_Maintenance_and_DC_Fan.pdf

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 11:49:54 AM »
I've taken it apart and cleaned out the insides before without problems. I'm worried about not being able to match up all the wires on the board the way they should be.

Ray T

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 12:12:36 PM »
I've taken it apart and cleaned out the insides before without problems. I'm worried about not being able to match up all the wires on the board the way they should be.

Take pictures if you can before you unplug any wires to use as a reference.  No instructions came with it ??  Handle the board from the edges only when you do it tho and avoid touching any other Part. You can do this, heck next week we could have you applying for a job as a NUKE tech on the east coast somewhere  ::)

My Behmor is now officially a nut roaster  ;D

Burner0000

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 02:30:25 PM »

Take pictures if you can before you unplug any wires to use as a reference.  No instructions came with it ??  Handle the board from the edges only when you do it tho and avoid touching any other Part. You can do this, heck next week we could have you applying for a job as a NUKE tech on the east coast somewhere  ::)

My Behmor is now officially a nut roaster  ;D

+1  This is what I did.

jspain

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »
I doubted my ability too! I took a piece of paper and drew my own diagram and gave it a go. Behmor support said it would take 20 minutes.... I took 90 minutes and a bit of four letter words. When it was done I thought I'll plug this sucker in and blow every fuse in my shop and ruin the roaster.... It worked great and I've had no problems since.

Give it a go!  ;) You can do it!!!!

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 09:05:01 AM »
It's really not that tough, and Behmor's directions are first rate.

I'm so accustomed to seeing non-English directions that these may be difficult because they're not written in Chinese.

SJM

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 09:29:34 AM »
and Behmor's directions are first rate.

Really?
Their directions for the roaster itself are horrible....
I'm glad to know they do a better job with the instructions for replacement parts.

Burner0000

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 02:47:51 PM »
Hows the repair comin along?

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »
I haven't started yet. Still feeling initmidated. Probably tomorrow.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 05:02:19 PM »
I find the older I get, the more an unfamiliar/complicated task gets.  Then I tell myself that if I take the first step, some of the anxiety goes down, and more so with subsequent steps. 

My motto in home repair and home improvements has always been, "I'm going to at least try it, and when/if I get stuck, then I can call in an expert."  The fact of the matter is, in most cases I have the same or more brain power than the so-called expert - they're not smarter than me - so why not attempt a repair, use my brain, and learn something along the way.  Usually, the only difference was that it took my three times as long to complete the job as what a pro would've required.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 05:26:28 PM »
If any of us performed this repair dozens of times each week I'm sure we'd all be very good at it. I'm comfortable using gadgets and technology, just not repairing it. I was never a home repair kind of guy.